Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cameron is in!

Re: Cam Cameron New OC

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    this team is going down hill almost everytime a new bit of information is released. Cam Cameron ? Uh-uh
    Yes because Cameron is such a terrible offensive co-ordinator isn't he?

Re: Cameron is in!

What will be interesting is watching this offense.

Cameron comes from the Coryell/Gibbs/Norv Turner type of offense.

Basically, less guys out running patterns to block, routes further downfield.

So you lose some options out running routes, but you get more protection usually and guys run deeper routes.

It will be interesting...but this is a very good hire IMHO.

Now who do you want for DC if Rex goes to DC?

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    What will be interesting is watching this offense.

Cameron comes from the Coryell/Gibbs/Norv Turner type of offense.

Basically, less guys out running patterns to block, routes further downfield.

So you lose some options out running routes, but you get more protection usually and guys run deeper routes.

It will be interesting...but this is a very good hire IMHO.

Now who do you want for DC if Rex goes to DC?
    Donnie Henderson would be near the top of my list. Got the most discipined and highest level of play out of our defensive backfield when he was here. Did well for a season as Jets' DC then forced to run a cover 2 defence in Detroit which he had no experience of, not sure where he is now.

Wouldn't know who else to add to the list TBH but I'd hope Henderson would feature.

this team is going down hill almost everytime a new bit of information is released. Cam Cameron ? Uh-uh
    So you're still pissed they couldn't lure Bill Cowher out of retirement? Or that Billick was even fired?

Did San Diego win something while he was coaching the Chargers? Last I checked his team in Miami almost went 0-16, thankfully for him he met up with the Baltimore ravens.

If all the hiring and firing accomplished anything, it was this. I can't wait for the OTAs/Training Camp. This town is going to be one fire come spring!

Did San Diego win something while he was coaching the Chargers? Last I checked his team in Miami almost went 0-16, thankfully for him he met up with the Baltimore ravens.
    :grbac: 16-0, huh? Because being a head coach on a team with no talent is clearly a sign of how good an OC you are. And he is a very good one.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post
    Terrible move, Cameron Diaz will be a terrible distraction on the sidelines for the players.And she'll draw plays out with strawberry lipstick.

And you just know she will bitch slap a cheerleader or two.Stick with Cam Cameron please.:happyanim
    yeah but maybe she can get Jessica to come when we play Dallas...ensuring us a victory. Than again that might piss off all the Romosexuals out there.

:grbac: :grbac: :grbac: :grbac:

Cameron was OC in San Diego for 5 years. Look at their ranking in total offense for those 5 years:

2002: 16th
    2003: 14th
    2004: 10th
    2005: 10th
    2006: 4th

Top half of the league and improved every year. But I guess the Chargers never won a Super Bowl so he's a bum, right? :grbac:

I like the hire, because we have a situation similar to that of SD when he was their OC: good possession receivers, a great pass-catching TE, a young OL, an athletic RB...the only thing we're missing is a stud QB, but he seemed to do wonders with a sophomore Phil Rivers

Top half of the league and improved every year. But I guess the Chargers never won a Super Bowl so he's a bum, right?
    Forget the superbowl, heck I'll take a playoff win.

ALso having a difference maker like LT even makes Norv look good too, hes just too stupid to use him.

We are in for a long bumpy rides boys and girls

Wow, just freakin' wow!!

In San diego he took part in developing twp young QBs to become high quality starters in the NFL.
    He was the offensive coordinator on a team that made it's way to the AFC divisional game game and just barely lost.

When's the last time we developed a young QB to become an NFL quality starter?

Just Wow!!:grbac:
    Last edited by The Fanatic; 01-23-2008 at 03:39 PM.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!