Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Jim Fassel front runner for Skins job?

That's what The Sun is reporting. It's good he may get another shot as a head coach. I think he was hurt (along with Matt Cavanaugh) by being scapegoats in Billick's horrid offense for so long. I'd wish him luck, but then I'd be rooting for Snyder and the Deadskins and we can't have that!

Re: Jim Fassel front runner for Skins job?

Now that Billick is gone the scapegot tag may work out in his favor.Fassel was agood HC
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

No offense intended but Fassel only had 3 winning seasons and a SB blowout to show for his stint in NY.
    AZRAVEN

[

sweet :)

Maybe he'll hire Billick as OC.
    "Unitas was so outraged that he cut all ties to the relocated team. Other prominent old-time Colts followed his lead. After the NFL returned to Baltimore as the Ravens for the 1996 season, Unitas and most of the other old-time Colts regarded THE RAVENS as the TRUE SUCCESSORS of the Baltimore Colts!"

"I'll show you how to field a respected, competetive baseball team
    if you show me how to be a more effective dictator!
    "--Fidel Castro to Peter Angelos

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN View Post
    No offense intended but Fassel only had 3 winning seasons and a SB blowout to show for his stint in NY.
    He had a winning record overall in New York, which is one thing the Billick huggers point out as a reason he shouldn't have been fired.

By the way, if Billick is such a hot commodity, why hasn't anyone brought him in for an interview in Atlanta or Washington?

Who brought Billick into the conversation or said he was a hot commodity, certainly not I although if Fassel gets another shot I feel more optimistic that Billick will at some point in the future.
    As far as why hasn't Billick been granted any interviews I would assume it's just to soon. As many here have said, he would be stupid to go back to work now when he can be play on Mr Whimsey's money for a few million. Plus I don't remember, though I could be wrong, any coach who was fired getting another job right away. It seems like there is usually at least a year's cooling off before they get back to it.
    AZRAVEN

[

Quote Originally Posted by Losac
    By the way, if Billick is such a hot commodity, why hasn't anyone brought him in for an interview in Atlanta or Washington?
    Probably because he isn't interested.

As far as Fassel goes, the fact that Skins are talking to him doesn't mean he's a front-runner for the job. The Skins clearly don't know what they are doing. I think Fassel may get a coaching job this year, but it will probably be as an OC, not a HC.

The commented on PTI that the skins have interviewed Greg Williams (I think that's his name) four times. They don't have a clue what they are doing down there.
    AZRAVEN

[

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post

Dig it, Billick needs a roster with overwhelming talent to compete. I've said for quite a few years that billick has squander'd more talent than any coach in football. I remember not so long ago when billick was on the hot seat but ultimately survived, some in the fan base were stating

'if billick were fired, teams would be lining up for his services " or "billick would be unemployed all of ten minutes"

Not that I believed the rediculous statement to begin with but it looks like they were proven dead wrong.
    A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins. - Benjamin Franklin

You can't use Billick as a scapegoat for Fassel as an offensive co-ordinator and play caller. The offence improved markedly under Billick's tutilage when he canned Fassel.

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN
    The commented on PTI that the skins have interviewed Greg Williams (I think that's his name) four times. They don't have a clue what they are doing down there.
    What's funny about that is that the guy has worked there four years as DC and assistant HC! What the hell are they doing dragging him in for FOUR interviews? Obviously they don't really want to hire him. It's almost like they're looking for reasons to not hire him.

Synder is clearing running that show, which is bad news for Skins fans but doesn't make me sad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchetti View Post
    sweet :)

Maybe he'll hire Billick as OC.
    I don't care who ya are that is some funny shizzle.
    Keeping the purple flowing way out on the West Coast!