Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: So Long Camp Cream Puff..........

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Our 'freshness' last year not only made us unprepared to play, but it paid Zero dividends as far as our injuries were concerned.

with the exception of last year, Billick's teams have done quite well in November and December. So perhaps the 'freshness' does work. His camp in 2006 produced a 13-3 record, so I'd think they were prepared to play then.

Injuries did play an important role in this past season, but you can't say that Billick's soft camp did that. jmho.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Well, I just feel that this team has Underachieved over the years, and that a 'tougher', more disciplined camp would prepare them better for the long run and postseason play.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Like Heap is not tough
    Some players get injuries they cant play with. Heap has had several. He is tough as nails, especially when making catches

Quote Originally Posted by braven98 View Post
    Some players may be in for a Heap of trouble...finally toughness
    Get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    [quoted in part] You have to willing to 'sell-out' on every play, or you're going to lose.
    Conversely, I'm reminded of a conversation I had with a friend of mine at Memorial Stadium about 20 years ago:

BlackSunday's Smarter Friend [applauding some O's play]: Good hustle!
    BlackSunday [being a young and foolish smart-ass]: Is there such a thing as bad hustle?
    BlackSunday's Smarter Friend: [pause] Fred Lynn.
    BlackSunday: [nods silently in acknowledgement of his pwnage, although the term wouldn't actually come into use for another decade or so]

BS

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    Yeah, keeping guys fresh down the stretch thanks to not killing guys in the heat of camp really produces losers doesn't it?

They are different approaches, neither is right and neither is wrong. When Billick's approach works, it's lauded for keeping guys fresh down the stretch. When it doesn't work it's slated.

When the tougher approach works, it's lauded for having guys focused and ready from day one. When teams fall apart down the stretch it's criticised for taking too much out of the players too soon and not leaving enough in the tank for the stretch in the season that counts.

This post will sail right past the people who need to read it the most.

Good for a laugh, though.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

This may be a bad time in the process for some of our guys to suddenly start cracking the whip. I think that really works better with the young guys, the older guys you've got to take it a little easier on or they don't make it to th end of the season. Look how much better Strahan played this year and he didn't go to camp at all. Not saying older players should all be excused from camp.
    AZRAVEN

[

maybe this year at trainig camp they will have to wear pads...
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

Quote Originally Posted by braven98 View Post
    maybe this year at trainig camp they will have to wear pads...
    :grbac:

PP

Blog Entries

You guys have it all wrong......its not pre-season practice that makes the team disciplined, it in-season practice that gets them ready for battle every week!!!

I've heard from reliable sources that they didn't even practice in the rain or cold under Billick......and we all know how thats worked out over the years!!!