Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Interesting note from NST on QBs

I'm not trashing WNST for this report, but this sounds like pure speculation.

There is some buzz that a certain quarterback that is on a playoff team could be looking to go some were where he can have a legit chance to start.

"Some buzz?" I'll believe it when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post

I'm not sure that I care enough about getting anyone currently in the league at this point. How many teams with great QBs got them from somewhere else vs. grooming their own?

- C -
    Joe Montanna and Brett Favre come to mind right off, but i'm sure there others.

Does that fat guy still play for the Giants? I can't remember his name. If we're going to have a shitty o-line I would at least enjoy watching his fat ass out there on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Does that fat guy still play for the Giants? I can't remember his name. If we're going to have a shitty o-line I would at least enjoy watching his fat ass out there on Sunday.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Jared Lorenzen. I think the O'line and D'line guys would be upset when they try to work out who ate all the pies.

Out of that bunch I like Matt Cassell only because he has learned from the best.And has played well in preseason.

The same is not true of Jim Sorgi,everytime I see this guy come on,he looks like he has a white flag waving above his shoulder.

Volek would be a close 2nd in choice out of that slim offering of a bunch of names.

We are going to have a whole ton of speculation as of now with a new Head coach here.At least it gives us plenty to mull over.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Fix the O line play first - then the D line - then the secondary - then special teams!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post
    Jared Lorenzen. I think the O'line and D'line guys would be upset when they try to work out who ate all the pies.

Out of that bunch I like Matt Cassell only because he has learned from the best.And has played well in preseason.

The same is not true of Jim Sorgi,everytime I see this guy come on,he looks like he has a white flag waving above his shoulder.

Volek would be a close 2nd in choice out of that slim offering of a bunch of names.

We are going to have a whole ton of speculation as of now with a new Head coach here.At least it gives us plenty to mull over.
    Cassel? Blech! I'm not even sure he's the backup in New England still, I think he saw action once this year and threw it straight to Jason Taylor for a Miami touchdown. Brady then came back in and then Matt Guttierez (former Michigan QB, transferred to Idaho State) came in after Brady was done. I've not seen anything to suggest Cassel is still their development backup ahead of Guttierez.

Cassel was never a starter in college let alone the NFL, I don't want any part of that being our future at QB.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Cassel? Blech! I'm not even sure he's the backup in New England still, I think he saw action once this year and threw it straight to Jason Taylor for a Miami touchdown. Brady then came back in and then Matt Guttierez (former Michigan QB, transferred to Idaho State) came in after Brady was done.
    Oh well I was going from observations of the 06 preseason.Did not know he has slipped down so far.So much for those Bisciotti gut feelings,I guess it doesn't work for me.At least he will have a young arm,not playing at USC & ex backup? for the PATS.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Jim Harbaugh
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    The point is - we haven't seen but one game from him. I certainly wouldn't spend a 3rd, much less a 2nd on a guy like that. Yet, anyway.
    I get what you mean by it, but the more important point is that this guy is a 1st rounder who hasn't had the chance to show anything. By the logic you stated, you'd never spend a 1st round pick on anyone.

If you could get a first round QB who's a raw rookie that's never seen any time in the NFL, or you could get a first rounder who's had three years to be groomed under one of the best ever, you'd be nuts to take the former.

Obviously there are other factors at play. Rodgers wasn't thought to be as talented as say Matt Ryan. Still, the Packers wouldn't be off-base at all to ask for a first rounder for him. The only reason we might be able to get away with giving them a second is cause we pick high.

Quote Originally Posted by POPSinPA View Post
    Joe Montanna and Brett Favre come to mind right off, but i'm sure there others.
    You mean Steve Young, and I'm talking about these days where player movement is more limitted to FA. You're right about those two, and there are others of course. But the point is that a vast majority don't wind up moving at all if there's real talent.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD View Post

First off, it makes no sense to say you want Brady's backup cause he's learned from the best, but not Manning's backup. Second, I don't know why you say what you do. Cassell has looked terrible in his regular season action, Sorgi has looked quite competent (reference his 90+ QB rating). Preseason > regular season?

- C -

Quote Originally Posted by OriAl View Post
    Hopefully, Harbaugh and staff will study films of our offense, see that it plays well when pass protection is decent, and realize our biggest holes are at cornerback and on defensive line, which doesn't pressure QBs.
    Wow...what a surprise!

Wink Re: Interesting note from NST on QBs

The most logical to me would be Volek. How long is his contract with the Chargers?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).