Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Interesting note from NST on QBs

I am not sure what is going to happen, but Harbaugh referenced that they are “shoulder deep” in the quarterback situation. Now could that mean that we are going to see the same three guys next year, could they be drafting a quarterback, or could someone in the league be coming to Baltimore ? There is some buzz that a certain quarterback that is on a playoff team could be looking to go some were where he can have a legit chance to start. I am not saying that it is going to happen or if this player does leave that he could be coming here, but there is some buzz.
    Any idea who he might mean there? Rodgers? Cassell? Quinn Gray?

I don't know about any of those guys coming here, but Gray is an intriguing name at the least.

Re: Interesting note from NST on QBs

Billy Volek?

Jim Sorgi?

I think it would have to be Rodgers.

What would you give up for Rodgers if in fact he was looking to get out of Green Bay?

Certainly nothing high. Maybe a 6th round pick or something. He hasn't really shown much, and we all know the Tedford QB lineage..

Hopefully, Harbaugh and staff will study films of our offense, see that it plays well when pass protection is decent, and realize our biggest holes are at cornerback and on defensive line, which doesn't pressure QBs.
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by OriAl View Post
    Hopefully, Harbaugh and staff will study films of our offense, see that it plays well when pass protection is decent, and realize our biggest holes are at cornerback and on defensive line, which doesn't pressure QBs.
    lol

Blog Entries

If that was from today, would have to be a Charger, Patriot, Packer, or Giant...

Probably not a Patriot...Cassel has shown nothing. Not really any Giants either. Rodgers and even Craig Nall could be possible from the Packers. Volek or Charlie Whitehurst from the Chargers could also be possible.

You know what's funny...Anthony Wright is on the Giants. Maybe he wants to be a starter again here .

"You know what's funny...Anthony Wright is on the Giants. Maybe he wants to be a starter again here"

:bag:
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Someone actually used interesting and NST in the same sentence?
    "Unitas was so outraged that he cut all ties to the relocated team. Other prominent old-time Colts followed his lead. After the NFL returned to Baltimore as the Ravens for the 1996 season, Unitas and most of the other old-time Colts regarded THE RAVENS as the TRUE SUCCESSORS of the Baltimore Colts!"

"I'll show you how to field a respected, competetive baseball team
    if you show me how to be a more effective dictator!
    "--Fidel Castro to Peter Angelos

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Certainly nothing high. Maybe a 6th round pick or something. He hasn't really shown much, and we all know the Tedford QB lineage..
    Pretty unfair assessment given he hasn't even thrown 60 career passes; not to mention completely untrue given how he almost brought the Packers back against the Cowboys. He looked terrific in that game.

You'll never in a million years get a former 1st round QB who hasn't had a chance to start for a 6th round pick. A guy like Boller who's been shown to be nothing more than a backup/journeyman...you can get him for a 6th. A guy like Rodgers probably goes for a 2nd, maybe a 3rd and lower round pick.

I'm not sure that I care enough about getting anyone currently in the league at this point. How many teams with great QBs got them from somewhere else vs. grooming their own?

- C -

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Pretty unfair assessment given he hasn't even thrown 60 career passes; not to mention completely untrue given how he almost brought the Packers back against the Cowboys. He looked terrific in that game.

You'll never in a million years get a former 1st round QB who hasn't had a chance to start for a 6th round pick. A guy like Boller who's been shown to be nothing more than a backup/journeyman...you can get him for a 6th. A guy like Rodgers probably goes for a 2nd, maybe a 3rd and lower round pick.

I'm not sure that I care enough about getting anyone currently in the league at this point. How many teams with great QBs got them from somewhere else vs. grooming their own?

- C -
    The point is - we haven't seen but one game from him. I certainly wouldn't spend a 3rd, much less a 2nd on a guy like that. Yet, anyway.