Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dennis Haley

Dennis Haley

While everyone will pick at stuff that went wrong today (which was alot) and talk about McNair's big day and Mason's game winning TD, I want to make sure Haley gets his due.

This guy wasn't even going to be activated until today until Ray was deactivated. Even then, he was only going to see time on special teams. Instead, after Smith went down, he played out of position and made some great plays. Yes, the Titans did run the ball effectively but Haley was all over the place on special teams and on defense.

He deserves the defense's game ball.

Great job.

PP

Re: Dennis Haley

Damn, i think we won despite him, not because of him.

Maybe he made 1 or 2 good plays but, that doesn't mean he deserves the game ball.

Before our D was good, but we gave up big plays (mostly passing). We didn't have a problem stuffing the run.

Forgot game ball, we were shredded on the ground compared to how our run D usually plays.

Haley was getting owned until the last qtr. I'll give him props for stepping up on those 2 plays but I don't know what he was doing when Travis Henry was gashing us for numerous long runs through huge holes.

Sorry, but Haley made a bunch of plays on defense.

Let's remember that the guy doesn't even play MLB and was activated this morning.

I agree that he's not Ray and we absolutely missed him but Haley played his ass off today IMO.

The defensive line was also getting owned in the 1st half when Henry was ripping off those big runs.

And Haley was in on almost every special team's tackle as well.

If there was a player that we won despite of it was Samari Rolle.

PP

your infatuation for Haley has left you blind. He tipped one ball to prevent a 3rd down conversion. Other then that I can't remember anything big.

he played ok, but nothing to write home about

Agreed on both counts. Haley had a very important deflection that was a sure TD.

Rolle is an absolute embarassment. I can barely remember when this guy was a good CB.

If there was a player that we won despite of it was Samari Rolle
    No shit. When your receiver is 1 yard away and you just watch him catch the ball, something is wrong. Put your arms out, for crissakes.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    your infatuation for Haley has left you blind. He tipped one ball to prevent a 3rd down conversion. Other then that I can't remember anything big.

he played ok, but nothing to write home about
    Umm, he had some huge stuffs for no gain in the 4th quarter.

It's not an "infatuation" at all.

It's realizing that the guy isn't even a MLB, wasn't actiavted until a few hours before the game, and had some nice plays when we needed them.

If you think that his only big play was the tipped ball, well then maybe you are the blind one.

PP

Hmmmmmm! How valuable is Ray?
    SS

10. Re: Dennis Haley

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Agreed on both counts. Haley had a very important deflection that was a sure TD.

Rolle is an absolute embarassment. I can barely remember when this guy was a good CB.
    When you give the opposing QB 7-8 seconds to find a guy open, any cornerback is gonna get beat with one-on-one coverage :insane: Our pass rush wasn't up to par Young had way too much time to find recievers open:grbac:

I saw 58 flying in on many of the tackles today and was impressed by his constant presence and hard hits to stop plays. Yes our run defense was very weak, but perhaps that just shows you how much we missed having Ray in there. Ray doesn't make every play and muc has been said about him being a step or so off this year, but what he does do on the field is influence the direction of the play. Offenses plan around Ray most of the time and his mere precense in the middle influences where the play will go that elevates the play of those around him. Additionally, it looked at times like the defense was lost and unorganized. When Ray is out there he is the general of the defense, they were missing their leader to change up calls effectively and keep the group gelled together.
    I would like to know why Dan Cody was not activated today instead of Haley? Haley was a guy we originally had on the cut list and then pick him back up, correct? Dan Cody is supposed to be the heir apparent to Suggs and Trevor Pryce, so why is he not getting chances to get any game experience? I really wish they would explain what is going on here. I have heard that it is a business decision since they may not be able to keep Suggs and AD both on the roster under the salary cap next year, but come on if the guy never gets on the field how do we know what he is capable of in gametime?

12. Re: Dennis Haley

Quote Originally Posted by donnaj View Post
    I saw 58 flying in on many of the tackles today and was impressed by his constant presence and hard hits to stop plays. Yes our run defense was very weak, but perhaps that just shows you how much we missed having Ray in there. Ray doesn't make every play and muc has been said about him being a step or so off this year, but what he does do on the field is influence the direction of the play. Offenses plan around Ray most of the time and his mere precense in the middle influences where the play will go that elevates the play of those around him. Additionally, it looked at times like the defense was lost and unorganized. When Ray is out there he is the general of the defense, they were missing their leader to change up calls effectively and keep the group gelled together.
    I would like to know why Dan Cody was not activated today instead of Haley? Haley was a guy we originally had on the cut list and then pick him back up, correct? Dan Cody is supposed to be the heir apparent to Suggs and Trevor Pryce, so why is he not getting chances to get any game experience? I really wish they would explain what is going on here. I have heard that it is a business decision since they may not be able to keep Suggs and AD both on the roster under the salary cap next year, but come on if the guy never gets on the field how do we know what he is capable of in gametime?
    I heard that Cody has not picked up on dropping back into coverage...He is a beast, but when you can't get in because of a numbers thing, you don't have problems just depth...He isn't a middle linebacked. The knock on him is that he can rush the QB, but can't drop back