Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Marty or Harbaugh?

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    From the Sun...

"Though Harbaugh is high on the Ravens' list, some league observers said that Brian Schottenheimer is even higher.

Marty Schottenheimer likely won't get involved in the Ravens' search until his son is eliminated from it."

You've got to be kidding me...:grbac:
    I thought Harbaugh was just a hair behind Garrett.

You know, 1A on the list?

Flying by the seat of their pants.

PP

Marty or Harbaugh...I'd take the chance and go w/Harbaugh!
    "Unitas was so outraged that he cut all ties to the relocated team. Other prominent old-time Colts followed his lead. After the NFL returned to Baltimore as the Ravens for the 1996 season, Unitas and most of the other old-time Colts regarded THE RAVENS as the TRUE SUCCESSORS of the Baltimore Colts!"

"I'll show you how to field a respected, competetive baseball team
    if you show me how to be a more effective dictator!
    "--Fidel Castro to Peter Angelos

Quote Originally Posted by Marchetti View Post
    Marty or Harbaugh...I'd take the chance and go w/Harbaugh!
    Mega gamble!! If he wilts under the clubhouse pressure, then where do we go?!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

I like the idea of getting a younger coach and establishing continuity of leadership. I personally can live with a season or two of no playoffs if the team is disciplined and competitive. As far as locker room issues, they'll only exist if the FO allow them to exist. If it's made clear by the FO that the Coach is the man, and no one is exempt from the rules, then I think the issues will disappear.
    Last edited by Mr OC; 01-18-2008 at 12:41 PM. Reason: spelling

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

It is not the FO that needs to instill this mindset; it's the freaking coach!! Harbaugh better get their attention right quick, or this year will get ugly in a hurry!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe
    Harbaugh better get their attention right quick, or this year will get ugly in a hurry!
    So you've hired him already?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    It is not the FO that needs to instill this mindset; it's the freaking coach!! Harbaugh better get their attention right quick, or this year will get ugly in a hurry!
    Perhaps I didn't make myself as clear as I had hoped - I'll try again. I agree that the head coach instills the mindset, but the team needs to understand that the FO is behind him one hundred percent, and that his word is Gospel.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."