Possible Ray Surgery

Hey all

I was poking around YBR (I know, Im a glutton for punishment) and came across a thread that mentioned Ray having surgery.

Someone I know is in medical sales and saw Ray at the hospital (dunno which one) this morning and said the word was he was having some sort of surgery.

It could be a simple draining of the blood that Billick has talked about. I don't know for sure.

But I do know for sure that Ray was at the hospital this morning.

Just FYI

PP

Re: Possible Ray Surgery

He did have a procedure according to what the morning show on WNST said this morning, but it wasn't something too serious. It was something to the effect of draining the blood in his back, from what I heard.

Pretty much an in and out type of thing, and nothing too serious.

I don't doubt that he was in a hospital, but that doesn't mean he was having surgery. It could have been an office visit. Last I heard, he was listed as questionable for this Sunday's game.

So I guess Ray won't play this Sunday? ....

Ray not playing makes me awfully nervous. Our D looked confused as hell last week. The team sure is treating this with a lot of secrecy.

The D looked confused in the 1st half because Smith went down in the 5th play of the game, so they threw a PS call up on the field. In the 2nd have, after making halftime adjustments, the Titans had around 100 yards total offense. That said, I hope Ray is well & if he has to sit out another week so he is well for the rest of the year, so be it.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Surgery confirmed:
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...home-headlines
    I am guessing he wont play this week but will be back for PIT next week.

Yes, surgey confirmed (minor, outpatient) by Aaron Wilson on WNST to drain the pool of blood in Ray's back to allieviate the swelling at the bruise he has. No structural damage.

Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I'm not sure I would even call a procedure like that "surgery," but whatever, it's just semantics. I think Deuce is probably right, in that Ray will likely miss the Atlanta game this weekend but be good to go the following week. He'll probably be too sore to be effective this Sunday.

I agree, I'm all for having Ray miss ATL to be ready for PIT. Then he can show everyone who the most feared player in the NFL is, because it's not that little invisible bitch Joey Porter, who always disappears when he plays the Ravens, unless he's pushing a defenseless, injured TE.