Thread: Jack Del Rio

Jack Del Rio

There is a blurb on PFT that if the Jags miss the playoffs, he will be gone in Jacksonville. If we lose Ryan this offseason, I think we should bring him back as DC. What does everyone else think?

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Re: Jack Del Rio

While I would hate to lose Ryan, bringing back Del Rio would sure lessen the sting. However since he is already considered a Billick disciple, it may be better for his resume' to work under someone else.

I agree he probably should work somewhere else, but being selfish, I would feel better if he were here. He doesn't get along w/ Weaver down there & I thoght he would be gone after last year, even though they were 12-4. I think he's a great coach, & in the right atmosphere, could be very successful as a head coach. Maybe he could come back if Ryan leaves & be groomed to take over as HC if Billick wants to retire after the next contract he gets. Just a thought.

Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Is Ryan's contract up after this year? Or have you just heard rumblings that he is leaving? I don't know that bringing Del RIo back would be that great an idea, he's an excellent coach but as the saying goes "you can't go home again".

No, the Ravens surely don't want to lose him (Ryan). When I said lose him, I meant if he was up for any HC positions this offseason. He has to be making a name for himself & I'm sure he is on some teams boards as a potential HC. Pro Football Talk is saying unless the Jags make the playoffs, Del Rio is out. I mean he's on shaky ground anyway there, he doesn't get along w/ the owner, Wayne Weaver.

& of course, there is Jim Schwartz, a real Baltimore Boy. Who knows what will happen to him in Nashville w/ the whole Fisher situation. If he had a chance to come home or go to Dallas if Fisher gets out from the Titans, whioch would he choose? Again, this is all just talking about if the Ravens lose Ryan to a HC position & need to fill the DC position. I know nothing, just bringing up a conversation point we may have to look at.

if Del Rio is fired he'll be a HC somewhere else.

I don't think I buy that, he has fought w/ an owner & he may need to go back to coordinator status to re estblish himself to get back to HC

I think Ryan is still too green to be a HC. Del Rio could conceivably take a demotion to Linebacker coach for the Ravens (like Neuheisel took QB coach instead of OC), but more likely he'd be snapped up right away as a DC for another team (like Dom Capers after he got fired by the Panthers).
    if Mike Tice could get a coordinator job right away, I'm sure Del Rio could do the same. and it's not impossible he'd end up as a Head Coach somewhere else (Tenn if Fisher goes to Dallas?).
    how long do we think BB will stay here? might he conceivably take a Head Coach / GM job somewhere? like Mike Holmgren, he isn't getting that positin here. I haven't heard about him having these ambitions; personally I hope he stays here another 10+ years, like Shula in Miami, but with more SB wins.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Billick has said numerous times you can't possibly be both HC and GM. I know he can't do those and also be the OC.