Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Have all things ceased in OM ??

Cass should have very little to say about this decision. This is Ozzie's job. Or it should be.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    And he's not a football guy.
    ================================

Actually he is. He told Bisciotti that he'd earn more on his investment with treasury notes than a pro football team. He was sure knew football - especially from the buisness end.
    Do you read what you write?

He's a business man.

I dunno what your post means anyway.

From what I can decipher it pretty much backs up my point, not yours.

Dick Cass is a lawyer and a business man and by all accounts a good one.

Why are you insisting that translates into being able to make sound decisions when it comes to personnel on an NFL team?

Can he make Bisciotti more money by giving him sound BUSINESS advice? Sure.

I'd prefer that Bisciotti left the football decisions to the football people.

PP

Maybe Bischiotti should actually be consulting you guys. Why talk to the 3rd year president of an NFL club when you can get advice from a fan? Clearly you guys know better.

- C -

Actually, I just got off the phone with Bischiotti. I believe he was going to call Poe and AZ next. Ozzie asked him to call us. Seems he wanted someone other then him to tell his boss that the football people should be making these decisions.

Thanks for you endorsement although it appears that we don't need it.
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

seriously, don't you think Cass knows a little bit about football and how to make a team run, this is the third team he has been evolved with right? If you honestly think that ozzie didn't play into this dicision you are crazy. When THEY decided to fire Billick is irrelevent anyway. The only people who care about the time line are the fans. I love how everyone was calling for billicks head 4 weeks ago, now everyone thinks it is a really bad decision. Everyone needs to relax a little, i'm glad we have not hired a coach yet, if we would have it would have been done without looking over all the potential coaches out ther. Please remember football is a business period, you don't just hire the guy you want to run your billion dollar business overnight.
    Last edited by Rayvens52; 01-12-2008 at 11:44 PM.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52
    I love how everyone was calling for billicks head 4 weeks ago, now everyone thinks it is a really bad decision.
    Exaggerate much? Everyone was not calling for Billick's head four weeks ago, and everyone doesn't think it is a really bad decision now.

But if you have to resort to fiction to make an argument, go right ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyraven127 View Post
    Actually, I just got off the phone with Bischiotti. I believe he was going to call Poe and AZ next. Ozzie asked him to call us. Seems he wanted someone other then him to tell his boss that the football people should be making these decisions.

Thanks for you endorsement although it appears that we don't need it.

Cass just called me and told me that his portion of the decision making process on the firing of Billick, was almost solely around the ROI of making a change for the better, and eating the sunk Cost of Billick's Salary in additionto the new Coach's salary. Mr Cass informed me that the supplememntary income provided by an increased number of wins and playoff births, as well as fan interaction will more then cover the additional coaching salary.
    Not really, but did some of you ever think that Biscotti had a hard time admitting his mistake, eating the extension and getting over it, when everyone knew it was the right move? It seems to me that Cass is more then qualified to help the man make that kind of decision.

I look at it one of two ways:

1) They were blown away by one of the canidates they can not contact again until after they are eliminated. (Garett, Sparano).

2) They realize thye have made a huge mistake and they are going to try to save face and minimize the damage and hire M. Schottenheimer or Ryan.

I need to say I beleieve that Ryan will make a great HC some day, but for this team he would be a retread and would be a step back from Billick. I also don't believe MS would be a bad hire, but for the life of me I can't see how that is and upgrade over Billick.

Hopefully I am wrong but I fear that the Biscuit was right two years ago when he decided to keep Billick because he was not sure he could find a better coach in the open market. Maybe BB is not the best coach in the NFL, but he sure looks a hell of alot better then what is available tp replace him with.

It almost seems we were trying to make sure we did not miss the boat on K Ferentz. To bad he decided he was happy in Iowa.

I sure hope I am wrong.

"Cass just called me"

Cool beans. Maybe you and me and Cass and the Biscuit and AZ and Poe can have a little sit down and have a coach by the end of the week.

Whatcha think?
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Can I maybe join in by conference call? I think my lab just had some fancy new big screen facilities built in, I'm sure they wouldn't mind my using it for such a noble cause. :D

LOL.

I love how the masses just think this FO can do no wrong.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    LOL.

I love how the masses just think this FO can do no wrong.

PP
    Watching these playoff teams and comparing them to our "team", it is obvious that our FO has done plenty wrong.