Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Rays status in question again?

Moving Scott to ILB and activating Cody means you would have 2 players at new positions to replace 1 injured player. That doesn't make sense.
    I disagree, Peter. Bart Scott has played MLB before, and he did a good job when he filled in for Ray last year. And Cody was a player the FO was exicted about when they drafted him, so why not play him? This is a perfect time to give him a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I disagree, Peter. Bart Scott has played MLB before, and he did a good job when he filled in for Ray last year.
    This is true. But just because he played well there last year does not mean you can plug him into MLB on one weeks notice (practice time) and not expect him to have some rust in terms of assignments and reads. I disagree with weakening a position of strength - which is what Bart has been on the outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    And Cody was a player the FO was exicted about when they drafted him, so why not play him? This is a perfect time to give him a shot.
    2 reasons:

1. He got hurt; and most likely is not the same player they drafted (and may never be).

2. He is not worthy of the spot based on his performance in practice.

Sorry, I refuse to believe that the coaches have any other agenda other than putting the best players on the starting team and in the rotations and situational packages. If Cody is not on the field, it is because he's either not fully healed and/or Haley (filling in for Mike Smith) is better at this point at LB and Pryce and Suggs are better at DE.

Well, you might be right, but if a practice squad guy like Haley is seen by the coaches as better than Cody, then Cody is either not fully recovered from his injury, or the FO should never have drafted him so highly to begin with.