Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rays status in question again?

Just saw that Ray's status for Sunday is up in the air. IMO we need Ray bad vs ATL and Vick. http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...orts-headlines

Re: Rays status in question again?

If he is not in there this could be a .... I cant get the words out......SHOOTOUT!! Never thought I would say that about a Ravens team but it is very possible.

The Falcons are seriously banged up on D,and with our passing game gaining momentum every week I could see us putting up 27 plus.

The only difference is we will have time to plan for the fact that we will be down to a PS player on the depth chart at MLB,so that should help alot.

The Falcons are reeling and have zero momentum. As much as we need Ray back, I truly believe we can survive another week without him. The Falcons are fading fast and I don't buy into that crap that they're going fight extra hard. They lost to Cleveland at home and are building a losing streak. That tells me all I need.

Why are they letting a PS player start? Why not move Bart Scott to MLB and let Dan Cody play on the outside. We have a second-rounder who has yet to see the field and a PS player is going to get the nod over him!

As losac said, we have a RFA PS player starting over a 2nd round draft choice. I know people say that Cody was on IR last year & this is his "rookie" season, but what the hell is Haley? If not Cody, is there no one on the street to pick up who we can get that has more than Haley? Can Bart play Middle & drop Johnson back on the outside?

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I thought Haley played a good game on Sunday - he was everywhere in the second half - and we did shut down the run for the most part in the second half. Give him his due - he earned it against the Titans. Plus, he's fast and will spy Vick all day long.

It looks like Cody is slated to remain a defensive end, and that ain't bad, cause Trevor Pryce is no spring chicken, and that gives Cody lots of time (Pryce has a 2-year contract) to get over the injury, beef up, and season.

Bart Scott can handle the middle very nicely, thank you, and J.J. can take a spot at the outside backer position if needed. In addition, we should have Dracula (Mike Smith) back in a few weeks. Depth at linebacker is strength on the Baltimore Ravens.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

I don't think Ray's going to miss another game, especially not with a tough rushing attack like the Falcons coming in. However, I think we'll have something prepared in case he can't go, or more importantly, in case he aggravates something during the game and has to take the bench again.

I am just hoping this doesnt turn into an extended abscence. I have no idea how his injury should or will progress but it was reported he was begging Billick to play last Sunday, so I was surprised to read that article.

Ray is a true warrior & wants to play regardless of the consequences. This also speaks to how much "happier" he is this year as opposed to last. He was looking for a reason to bail last year. Billick, as the HC has to look at the big picture & not just a 1 or 2 game window. Do you throw Lewis back out there to only re-aggrevate or make worse the injury just to play him in an important game? Is it worth risking losing Ray for a longer period? Can you try to scoot by for a couple games without him & hope Haley can plug the hole, that he learned a lot playing last week, & he lives, sleeps & breathes film study this week, plus soaks up all the info & tendencies Ray can give him? I liked what I saw from Haley in preseason, & from the looks of it he learned a lot at halftime last week as he was a big part of shutting down the Titans in the 2nd half.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Why are they letting a PS player start? Why not move Bart Scott to MLB and let Dan Cody play on the outside.
    I was wondering the same thing myself. Bart has played MLB before, and if Cody is as good as they thought when they drafted him, why not play him now and see what he can do? He should be healthy by now.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    .....and if Cody is as good as they thought when they drafted him, why not play him now and see what he can do? He should be healthy by now.
    I am sure he is healthy. Maybe he is not playing because he is not one of the best 45 players on the team right now? I trust that the coaches activate the players that they think give them the best chance to win given the opponent and the gameplan.

Moving Scott to ILB and activating Cody means you would have 2 players at new positions to replace 1 injured player. That doesn't make sense.