Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. I Don't Care What Anyone Says, Ray

makes a HUGE difference when he's not on the field! They were going up the middle without any resistance:grbac: ...Does anyone know what the status on Mike Smith is??

Re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, Ray

And everyone wanted to get rid of Ray for a 2 this offseason. Thank god we have Ozzie.

3. Re: I Don't Care What Anyone Says, Ray

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    And everyone wanted to get rid of Ray for a 2 this offseason. Thank god we have Ozzie.
    AMEN brother!

It definitely shows his value to this team,even if he wsnt what he once was he still is a difference maker on the field.

As is the case with McNair on Offense, Ray Is the Heart and Soul of this defense! He provides those intangibles which All Championship clubs must have - leadership; heart; and a never-give-up attitude! Let's hope this 'chemistry' continues into February!

It definitely shows his value to this team,even if he wsnt what he once was he still is a difference maker on the field.
    Yup, its sad that some insisted that Ray should have been traded for a measly 3rd round pick. Ray's Leadership is so valuable to the defense that you really cant put a price on it. Thank god we have have him. I hope he retires a Raven.

God Bless Ray Lewis and Steve Mcnair

If we had an MVP vote for our team Ray would have to be #2, behind McNair. He was SORELY missed yesterday.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

It wasn't just his heart, inspiration, or tackling that we missed. It was his play-calling and audibling at the line. Our front 7 looked grossly out of position in the 1st half. That hasn't happened all year with Ray's reading ability and familiarity with our complex defensive schemes.

On the sidelines he sure looked like he wanted to go hit somebody.

Does anyone else worry about this? Ray will not play forever. When he retires (which is not too far off), what will happen to this defense? Does Bart Scott move to MLB?

Yes, it does worry me a lot but I guess it is the price we pay for letting one player define the team. I hope we don't make the same mistake in the future, while you need leaders they can't be bigger than the team.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

It isn't that Ray defines the team, it is that he plays a huge role because of his talent, determination and study time he puts in. His talent is high but can be matched, the determination and effort is where most people are lacking.

I agree that it hasn't been so much his play, but his enthusiam and leadership.