Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: New GM Possible for Ravens?

I seriously doubt Ozzie is going anywhere, but it's not wild speculation that he might not have been on board with this decision. Anyone who actually watched Bisciotti's press conference could easily have come away with that impression.

And you can't come up with a link for everything you hear. I don't think we're getting a new GM but I see nothing wrong with raising the topic.

Lets hope Ozzie is gone.. When offense has been a problem since 1998 and its been 10 years for him to address the problem and nothing is done.. Why should he keep his job?

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    Drew Forrester said it today on his radio show...He said he talked to some FO people for the Ravens and they told him that Ozzie was adamant about not firing Billick...Maybe that was the reason for the "dear in the headlight" look on his face during the press conference Monday
    I second the motion. I heard Drew Forrester yesterday and today adamently state that Ozzie did not want to fire Billick and I am sure he expressed his thoughts privately to Dick and Steve. However, as Drew said, the business people overruled the football people at 1 Winning Drive.

In life, if you are the minority opinion or on the wrong side of an issue, and don't endorse managements decisions, then your days are numbered.

I also think that the next head coach is going to be the pick that Dick Cass and Steve Bisciotti wants. They will listen to Ozzie, but ultimately, these 2 guys run the franchaise.

I personally dont believe Drew knows much of anything.. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
    I personally dont believe Drew knows much of anything.. IMO
    Oh. Well I personally don't believe *you* know much of anything. Just my opinion.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

IMO i think most people are looking way to into all of this. I hear did you see the way his face looked, or his tone, come on guys you are really pulling at something that is just not there. Maybe they looked that way because they liked Billick as a person and it was a hard decsion. Again jmo but i don't think there is as much to all this as some of you are making it out to be, and listening to speculation on the radio is a joke, the season is over and they need shit to fill air time.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Oh. Well I personally don't believe *you* know much of anything. Just my opinion.
    Happy new year to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    See my crazy prediction thread. i think we may have a new coach/GM in Cowher.

I can dream, can't I?
    You are having a nightmare! Wake Up!!!!!!!

Happy new year to you too!
    Fair enough.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Lets hope Ozzie is gone.. When offense has been a problem since 1998 and its been 10 years for him to address the problem and nothing is done.. Why should he keep his job?
    Yeah, that's brilliant. Let's get rid of a guy who has drafted (or signed as undrafted players) 11 guys (4 on offense) who have gone to the Pro Bowl in 12 years.

No team has had more Pro Bowl players over the last 6 years. Yeah, the GM is definitely the problem. :insane:

Quote Originally Posted by btownraven View Post
    Yeah, that's brilliant. Let's get rid of a guy who has drafted (or signed as undrafted players) 11 guys (4 on offense) who have gone to the Pro Bowl in 12 years.

No team has had more Pro Bowl players over the last 6 years. Yeah, the GM is definitely the problem. :insane:
    He has not found a decent quarterback ever.. He has put together 2 losing teams in the last 3 years..

How long do you give him?

He has not found a decent quarterback ever.. He has put together 2 losing teams in the last 3 years..

How long do you give him?
    How many GMs do "find" top end quarterbacks. People are acting like there's guys unemployed who can do a better job than Ozzie, there's not. Ozzie does a damned fine job and brings in players with talent for the coaching staff to develop.

He can't watch every pro and college QB to assess who should be brought in, that role falls to the pro and college scouts to spot the right talent and lend their advice to Ozzie. No one person is culpable for our lack of ability to find a QB, it's a shared responsibility around the entire personnel and coaching department and firing one person won't suddenly see us bring in a good quarterback.