Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: TLT vs Moore...who's the #5 WR?

Case in point; Scott Mitchell,
    Started 2 games and was replaced by Case in the second one and never saw the field again.

I was talking about the leap of faith comment.

Moore on the other hand is a proven WR.
    Proven to suck.

Moore has had his chance. ANyone can catch jump balls when your 6'6. He was drafted in the 6th round, its not like we spent a high pick on him. SHow him the door IMO.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Talking Re: TLT vs Moore...who's the #5 WR?

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk
    I was talking about the leap of faith comment.
    Well, that was the classic rookie HC talking out of his a$$ move right there. :bag:

Personally, I'll give him a break on that one. I think even he now realizes how over the top that statement was. :grbac:
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Well we agree on something.

I jus get a little bent with his stubborness. Like blaming the refs instead of our poor clock management, but that's another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk
    I jus get a little bent with his stubborness. Like blaming the refs instead of our poor clock management.......
    Totally understood.

I would like to see the rookie make the team, but he won't. Has Billick ever had two rookie WRs?

No Moore Clarence! Do we have clearance Clarence?
    Roger, Roger

Post Re: TLT vs Moore...who's the #5 WR?

I think it's a very likely possibility that we may carry 4 WRs and 4 RBs this year instead of 5WRs and 3RBs. Moore would be the odd one out, and could either be put on Injured Reserve depending on how he plays within the next few games and how the after effects of the hernia operation hold up.

Moore really isn't a special teams player, and from what I have heard and read, the RAVENS do like P.J. Daniels. Afterall, they did draft the guy in the 4th round, and thinking he will last on the practice squad is a pipe dream. If the RAVENS can use P.J. Daniels on Special teams, he becomes more valuable to them then Clarence Moore, IMO who in effect will be inactive every week because he's the 5th WR, and he doesn't play Special Teams. How often do we have all 5 WRs active on game day anyways?

As far as Travis LaTendersse goes? I only see him as a practice squad player this year at best. He won't be making this team this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T
    I would like to see the rookie make the team, but he won't. Has Billick ever had two rookie WRs?
    2002: Ron Johnson, Javin Hunter and Randy Hymes

2004: Devard Darling (for first couple of games before going on IR) and Clarence Moore

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard
    TLT is the classic training camp overachiever. As such, he may go to PS but no way does he make the team.

Where was he in the first 2 preseason games again?
    He was waiting for Olsen to throw to him

Blog Entries

TLT had two catches against the Giants...and we only had 3 or 4 receivers catching against the Eagles.

I think from an objective standpoint, TLT makes the squad IF AND ONLY IF

1. More is PUP/IR
    and 2. There's no vet option to sign to replace him.

That said, I don't think he'll make the team, but we'll attempt the P Sq (which means he'll be a Brown by Week 4). Pat Johnson will be our #5 WR, at least until Moore can come off the PUP. (PJ is not signed by the team, but I'd almost be willing to wager BB decides to sign him because he got a new haircut which will make him fly down the field faster).
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!