Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: TLT vs Moore...who's the #5 WR?

Ask Mike Holmgren about leaving a game in the refs hands.
    Did you mean to post this here or are you really drunk?

Let's all keep our fingers crossed that BB will for once, change his mind. Clarence has proved conclusively that he is testicularly-challenged.

As has been pointed out here, TLT goes over the middle nicely (as do Mason and Clayton) and he seems to have glue hands. His size and speed are not ideal (just like Mason and Clayton) but the guy seems fearless. I'd far rather rely on a short wideout with balls than a tall guy with a vagina.

Then too, you toss devastating blocker Q-Tip into the mix, clearing lanes for these three warriors, and you have a good scenario for those numerous third and seven situations we are likely to see all year.

Hola, TLT, adios, Clarence.
    Last edited by Art-Florida; 08-21-2006 at 05:26 PM.

I would give the nod to TLT (Ten Dresses). We have plenty of huge redzone targets in Q-Sip, 6'6, Heap, 6'5, and Demetrius Williams, 6'3.

The WR corp I believe will be, Mason, Clayton, Williams, Darling (who still needs one more good game before I call him DVD again), and Ten Dresses.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

No Moore Clarence! Do we have clearance Clarence?

“We have clearance, Clarence.” Roger, Roger.” “What’s our vector, Victor?”

Quote Originally Posted by losac
    Stubborn Billick seems to have a never-ending fascination with him because of his height.
    Quote Originally Posted by Art-Florida
    Let's all keep our fingers crossed that BB will for once, change his mind..
    Really? Are you guys talking about the same Billick who benched Moore after the 1st game of last year and then had him on the inactive list for the last 12 games ?!?!?!??
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor
    Really? Are you guys talking about the same Billick who benched Moore after the 1st game of last year and then had him on the inactive list for the last 12 games ?!?!?!??
    Yeah the same guy that continually benched Hymes, even though all he did was...ummm, catch the ball.:grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk
    Yeah the same guy that continually benched Hymes, even though all he did was...ummm, catch the ball.:grbac:
    11 times, in the 16 games he saw action last year.

Fair enough, I like Hymes too, but let's be honest about it, teams weren't exactly knocking each other over to sign him when he became a FA, were they?

But, again, as far as Moore goes, I'm still not seeing this alleged bias toward him on Billick's part. Seems to me that he, like most the rest of us, had seen enough of Moore after the 1st game last year.

Randy Hymes is also a WR that is not mentioned amongst the other talented receivers the Jags currently have.

I think we overvalued Hymes for one reason. He caught the ball while other WRs were dropping passes as if the ball had the boogey touch.

We ignored how Hymes ran routes and other intangibles, of which Hymes had none, that make a good/great receiver.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

I'm not gonna try to change your mind, but you haven't noticed BB favoring a player? Yeah, people weren't knocking down the door for Hymes, but he made some great catches. With the exception of a few leap balls in the end zone, Moore has done nothing, though they keep trying to thread him passes over the middle, and he keeps dropping them. I'm not bashing Billick, but c'mon, once he supports someone, there is NO WAY in hell he'll admit fault. Case in point; Scott Mitchell, Grbac, Boller, etc.

TLT is the classic training camp overachiever. As such, he may go to PS but no way does he make the team.

Where was he in the first 2 preseason games again?

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I'm not gonna try to change your mind, but you haven't noticed BB favoring a player? ........ I'm not bashing Billick, but c'mon, once he supports someone, there is NO WAY in hell he'll admit fault.
    Well, no, he's never going to say it publicly - he'll always show public support for all of this players (although, perhaps that does given him a convenient excuse not to have to accept fault).

That said, as far as Moore goes, I think benching Moore one game into the season and then leaving him inactive for the last 12 pretty much said that he/they had given up on Moore. I'm not sure how anyone could see that as anything but giving up on him (whether there needs to be a mea culpa as well, I don't know....)

And, the team drafting Williams pretty much said the same - or at least that Moore was going to have to produce or risk being shown the door.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 08-21-2006 at 10:11 PM.