Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Raven charged in assault...

From profootballtalk.com :

RAVENS SAFETY CHARGED WITH ASSAULT

Our own MDS, citing Baltimore sports blog The Nest, writes for AOL's FanHouse that former Ravens long snapper Joe Maese has filed assault charges against current Ravens safety Gerome Sapp.

The incident allegedly occurred on December 29, which is the same day on which Sapp was placed on injured reserve.

Sapp is charged with second degree assault, and a trial has been set for February 8.

WTF?:grbac: :grbac: :grbac:

more here: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Re: Raven charged in assault...

That is odd. I have talked to Joe M. quite a few times. I could ask him for clarification on the issue. I am apprehensive though.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Blog Entries

Ravens are currently denying he was arrested...the fact that it was Joe Maese makes this story just a little more interesting...

You dont get a court date that fast. I dont buy it .... yet

5. Re: Raven charged in assault...

Its true....posted on scout.....

Go here to the MD case search:

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us...uiry-index.jsp

Search under "gerome sapp" or this link might work:

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us...detailLoc=DSCR

Joseph maese is "COMPLAINANT"
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You dont get a court date that fast. I dont buy it .... yet
    You DON'T??!!

Anyway, looking forward to this relatively minor drama playing out. :watching:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

7. Re: Raven charged in assault...

I agree this is a "nothing" news item, just interesting. His court date is on his Sapp's birthday! hehe 2/8/2008. If you want an autograph its at 1:30 and the link has the court location. haha

Wonder what bar they were at.

8. Re: Raven charged in assault...

Well just an update, Sapp must have gone to the court house today because now there is a new case open where Sapp is the "COMPLAINANT" and Maese is the "Defendant". Both are showing charges of ASSAULT-SEC DEGREE but one says date was 12/29/07 and other says 12/27/07-12/29/07. Which means it will be more than likely thrown out of court since 2 people can not press charges against each other for the same incident. Well at least that is the law to my understanding, I know in the past this has happened to me where I was in a group fight and we all filed charges so it was all dropped due to the fact that we all admitted to assulting each other.

I went and looked it up and it is called "NOLLE PROSEQUI" which means Latin for "we shall no longer prosecute." At trial, this is an entry made on the record by a prosecutor in a criminal case stating that he will no longer pursue the matter. An entry of nolle prosequi may be made at any time after charges are brought and before a verdict is returned or a plea entered. Essentially, it is an admission on the part of the prosecution that some aspect of its case against the defendant has fallen apart. Most of the time, prosecutors need a judge’s permission to “nol-pros” a case.

So I guess we will have to wait till Feb. to see what this is all really about.
    Last edited by Fiesty Ravens Chic; 01-02-2008 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiesty Ravens Chic View Post
    Well just an update, Sapp must have gone to the court house today because now there is a new case open where Sapp is the "COMPLAINANT" and Maese is the "Defendant". Both are showing charges of ASSAULT-SEC DEGREE but one says date was 12/29/07 and other says 12/27/07-12/29/07. Which means it will be more than likely thrown out of court since 2 people can not press charges against each other for the same incident. Well at least that is the law to my understanding, I know in the past this has happened to me where I was in a group fight and we all filed charges so it was all dropped due to the fact that we all admitted to assulting each other. I guess we will have to wait till Feb. to see what this is all really about.
    Well, legally the cases *can* go forward, both separately. But those can be tall weeds for the prosecutor, and in all likelihood your prediction of mutual dismissals will come to pass. Thanks for the update!
    :watching:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

10. Re: Raven charged in assault...

All I can say, is you are a FIESTY ravens chick if you were in a group fight! you beat up some steelers fans?? hehe

11. Re: Raven charged in assault...

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan1996 View Post
    All I can say, is you are a FIESTY ravens chick if you were in a group fight! you beat up some steelers fans?? hehe

You know what is funny one was a steelers fan and the other was a patriots fan. Mention both men and I am a women But no seriously one was my ex(the pats fan) and he got into a fight with my old roommate(the steelers fan) for pushing me down and my roommate tryed to strangle my ex so I beat his ass with anything within arms reach!(phone,lamp,pan and TV remote) And we all 3 pressed charges and all charges got thrown out.

12. Re: Raven charged in assault...

Bit of advice, never date a steelers fan, or a pats fan...stay with the ravens fans. :) Also never anger the fiesty ravens chic!