Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Brian Billick in Ring of Honor? Y or N

I say hell yes...he accomplished a ton, won a SB, made us a winning franchise!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Re: Brian Billick in Ring of Honor? Y or N

Most def. He'll go down as the greatest coach in Ravens's history. This team won't sniff the success they've had under Billick with a lawyer and a temp agency owner at the helm. It is now obvious to me that Modell should be in the HOF. It took him awhile, but he learned how to run a football team.

You know, I was just thinking about this today, and I think the answer has to be yes!

He put the Ravens on the map with the Superbowl win, and despite his teams' offensive deficiencies, created a tradition of smashmouth football that will hopefully be carried on for generations to come.

Blog Entries

Definitely. He brought a winning culture to this team. The Ravens never had a winning season until he came.

Hell yes! He gave the Ravens an identity. Smash mouth football is now the staple here in Baltimore thanks to Billick.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

This shouldn't even have to be a question -- a definite yes.

7. Re: Brian Billick in Ring of Honor? Y or N

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Most def. He'll go down as the greatest coach in Ravens's history. This team won't sniff the success they've had under Billick with a lawyer and a temp agency owner at the helm. It is now obvious to me that Modell should be in the HOF. It took him awhile, but he learned how to run a football team.
    So now the owner is crap because he fired a guy whose expiration date had passed? How about you let the new guy get the job first before you label the whole operation a failure.

This is why HOF votes wait a minimum of 5 years. Because emotions run high at the time a player or coach calls it quits or gets fired. Of course Billick should be there eventually-But if you ask me, the whole ring thing has been a farce from the start. Especially when they put Byner up there.

Billick has earned his spot in the Ring of Honor. This should not even be a question. Put his name up there.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Let me ask this..is it because he won the SB.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Let me ask this..is it because he won the SB.

For starters, yes. And 2 division titles.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Yes openning day...
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Purpleguy
    "Most def. He'll go down as the greatest coach in Ravens's history. This team won't sniff the success they've had under Billick with a lawyer and a temp agency owner at the helm. It is now obvious to me that Modell should be in the HOF. It took him awhile, but he learned how to run a football team."

Quote Originally Posted by BertJonesMyHero View Post
    So now the owner is crap because he fired a guy whose expiration date had passed? How about you let the new guy get the job first before you label the whole operation a failure.
    Gotta say I'm in 100% agreement with Bert here.

The time had come for a decision to be made that was more then most likely going to happen in some form or another in the near future.

You may not like the way it went down, but nevertheless...

I think you kind of contradict yourself with the shots on Biscotti and then talking about Modell taking awhile to figure it out.

Don't see a whole lot of difference here other then Modell was an owner for multiple decades as you say learning how to figure it out while Biscotti is basically still in his infancy stage of ownership.

I think just about all professional sports teams owners come into the game with little experience on how to run a Sports franchise.

For the most part, they all earned their billions being successful business people running other lines of business.
    That doesn't automatically educate them on running a football team.

I think Biscotti also has to "figure it out" and has shown that he is not perfect and can/will make mistakes, but laying out full judgement at this point is unfair.
    If you think Modell figured it out, then maybe Biscotti deserves a little more time since the guy that has already "figured it out" is the one that chose him as his ownership partner and future owner.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!