1. Andre Woodson would be a great fit for the Ravens

hey im a Kentucky fan and although i may be biased but Kentucky QB Andre Woodson would be so great for the Ravens and whoever the coach would be, with Devard, Mark, and Derrick he can get them the ball I think he will be an awesome pro and hope he is playing for the Ravens next year....btw im so glad we are going to get a fresh start with Billick gone I think it is long overdue

2. Re: Andre Woodson would be a great fit for the Ravens

I'm a UK Alum. We have had these debates. I'm sure he will be in the mix somewhere. Lots of things need to happen between now and draft day.

Re: Andre Woodson would be a great fit for the Ravens

Of the top names coming out of college this season, I believe that Woodson looks the best of a so-so crop. Broem may be fragile, and I haven't been real impressed with Ryan. I am hoping that the Ravens don't expend a 1st rounder on a QB, but if Woodson were to fall to the 2nd round, it would be tempting to see us grab him.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

4. Re: Andre Woodson would be a great fit for the Ravens

1 injury doesn't make a guy fragile. Brohm is by far the best QB prospect in this draft.

I think Woodson looks great. The new HC will have some input on QB position no doubt. But of the little I've seen of Woodson, I agree. I'm a sucker though. I like Brohm and Ryan too, maybe I'm not picky enough. :)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

The odds on us drafting a QB are slim to none. We could really use a pass rusher if their is one available.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Yeah every college QB looks good in their system,and going against
    one or two superstars on an opposing teams defense.

It is a crapshoot,and I have been more wrong than right about who is going to be a good QB.Because if someone had a good formula for picking future Hall of Fame QB's for the NFL,then they would be very rich people by now.

There are so many hidden factors to throw into the equation once that QB is picked by an NFL team.Does he fit into the system the team is running?Mechanics,awareness,mental toughness,physical toughness,intelligence,character,leadership,settling into a new enviroment,handling veterans on the team.etc,etc,etc.

Unless you eat, sleep and talk with that QB,and can look into a QB's head you will never know what sort of NFL QB he is until maybe 3,4 or 5 years in the league. We have the NFL combine and even that has trouble of figuring out future great NFL QB's.

So one name is as good as another of the top tier college QB's with a 50% chance of being right or wrong. I shut up after wanting Byron Leftwich in the draft :grbac: .
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Schmuck mentioned Woodson yesteday :

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...6950214.column

Ravens draft the wrong quarterback again: Ozzie Newsome uses high first-round pick to snare Andre Woodson of Kentucky, confident he'll develop quickly playing behind starters Steve McNair, Kyle Boller, Troy Smith, Gus Frerotte and Randall Cunningham.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

With the way Troy Smith played Sunday, I don't see the need to draft one in the first round. With Boller and McNair likely on the way out, I would draft one in the second, and bring in a cheap FA, let the FA and Smith battle for the starting spot. Go BPA, regardless of position, in the first.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Not a high draft choice.

I think he has some mechanical problems they will want to fix. I dont like toying with someones throwing motion. I love what he did in college.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

12. Re: Andre Woodson would be a great fit for the Ravens

well im just saying i think with the way our defense plays it would be good to have a QB who can make big throws and no its not our system that Woodson is good it is that he can play and play well