Billick knows QBs

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=3175189

If you haven't seen it yet this is article has a good take on Billick IMO. He knida bashes him which is wrong, I have a ton of respect for Brain and what he accomplished here but it's time for a change.

Re: Billick knows QBs

Sorry, but Len Pasquarelli is an absoulute jerk with no ethics and he totally sucks as a sports journalist and I don't give a damn what he thinks about any topic and nobody else should either.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

3. Re: Billick knows QBs

Pretty clear to me that Pasqurelli (sp?) still has sour grapes from Billick dressing his ass down at Media day at Superbowl 35.

Dude has never been able to get over or recover from that crap.

You can almost see the enjoyment the dude has writing the article because he can't stand Billick.

In other words...
    His opinion is as useless as Tits on a bull!!

I could take the article a little more serious if he actually threw something in there along the lines that Billick wasn't the sole shopper of the grocerys in that list, but was the sole chef with the ingrediants.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

The article was dead on in my opinion. It is ridiculous to me that so many people on this website are crying over Billick's departure. Yet, these are the same people who complain week in and week out about the penalties, the losses, the time managment, the camp cream puff; you get the picture.

BB was a great motivator, a great speaker, a kind and generous man and for that reason alone, it is hard to see a man like that go. He has class and dignity. However, he was not a good X's and O's man and could not make on the field adjustments to the team when Plan A or Plan B wasn't working. Look at Belichick when he coaches a game. The man is over with the defense and offense making adjustments constantly. Other coaches in the NFL do likewise.

It was time for a change and not just a change in coaching. We need a totally different football culture; one that is more focused and more quiet about their business. I am optimistic about the change, so far. If this doesn't work, then the next step is to replace the GM. We have to get to the root of the problems, whatever they are. I sincerely hope the new coach is a disciplinarian and cracks down on players who make constant penalties and unsportsmanlike conduct mistakes. I hope we hire assistant coaches who know how to develop young players with talent. Change brings hope, even though it is painful at times.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

One thing I am sure of, Pasquarelli knows buffets better than Billick knows anything about football. Then again, Pasquarelli knows buffets better than a heart surgeon knows anatomy.

LOL at this bipolar post -- first we get this:

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman
    It is ridiculous to me that so many people on this website are crying over Billick's departure.
    And then this:

BB was a great motivator, a great speaker, a kind and generous man and for that reason alone, it is hard to see a man like that go. .
    Really? It's hard to see him go? That isn't what you said in your first paragraph. You were not only happy to see him go, you couldn't understand why "so many people on this website are crying over" his departure.

Make up your mind. If you are happy to see him go, fine, that's your opinion, but don't talk about how hard it is to see him go ten seconds later.

Pasquarelli is trash. He's a microcosm of why ESPN has turned into absolute shit. Sour grapes, it's obvious, and he's spreading rumors as though they're facts.

What a little twit.

Well, I guess he's anything but little...

- C -

8. Re: Billick knows QBs

Len P is absolutly right. It just depends on your POV.

BB made that "I know QB's" comment in regards to freaking Scott Mitchell.

Certainly he's right. I'm definitely not a fan of Pasta Belly, but what he said about Billick is correct. Remember the "leap of faith"?

Hey Highwater,

Get off your high horse. I said it was time for a change. I was addressing the man's character when I said it was hard to see a man like that go.

From a football perspective, I am happy about the firing.

I agree with the article, but Pasta-Belly is still a piece of crap.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock

Hey Highwater,

Get off your high horse. I said it was time for a change. I was addressing the man's character when I said it was hard to see a man like that go.
    Okay ravenwoman, sorry for being on my high horse and acting a little snippy, it's just been a bad month and I was grumpy. I apologize for getting personal about it.

And Happy New Year to everyone!

BB was a good company man. He made the best of the shit Ozzie Newsome threw on his lap.

I know of two guys named Ozzie and right now I'm not sure which is more qualified to be GM of an NFL team.

No QB succeeds behind a bad offensive line. Ozzie built run blocking lines until he started drafting more athletic linemen the past couple of seasons, and those young players haven't developed yet. The line this season may have been the worst in the NFL at pass blocking. I don't know how Boller completed 61% of his passes behind it.
    Al