Thread: WNST for sale?

WNST for sale?

Hey fellas....a little birdie told me that NST is for sale....now, I have nothing to confirm this but think about the recent goings on over there at the two room rancher....given the recent changes at the station and their recent ratings slide big time.....in addition, right before the holidays, terry and jeremy are suddenly cut loose and sent packing???....so this rumor could be true...

Re: WNST for sale?

What kind of little birdie? Someone who is close to the situation? Nestor himself, as he is the 1 who owns the station? His GM? I mean give some backround while holding your source confidential if you like. But just don't throw things out like that unless you can confirm.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

A fairly reliable source close to the situation....that is all I can give you...

Sorry but that radio station isn't on my button play list

Nestor grates me.

My opinion, nothing more

You're probably right...I have Sirius now, don't listen too much to NST anymore.

Sirius is awesome...I have it as well....

I just can't believe this to be true. With a Raven's team that is looking at football in January, and a FREE THE BIRDS rally being planned, I have to think Nestor is more energized to run the station than ever. A Raven's playoff run is a dream come true to a small radio station.

I have a question about Sirius. Is there any station/show on there that is local to Baltimore? Cuz that's the key thing that WNST provides me, and the reason why it is on constantly in my car. It is Baltimore radio by Baltimore people for Baltimore fans.

If NST is sold and changes format I think it will be a big loss for the area. I like having the option to swithcing between WNST and WJFK.
    Section 106 from start to finish!

Rack hurting! (that didn't come out right did it?):bag:
    SS

What might be happening is the other 2 investors might be selling their share,contrary to popular opinion Nestor does not own the entire radio station.

Nestor just mentioned in his latest Moon that Free the Birds part 2 is in the works,so I doubt he is going anywhere.Nestor will never sell,his partners might though.

Never? Nestor would sell his own mother if the price was right....

I found this to be a pretty intriguing thread so I did some digging. At this point it appears that this is a rumor the origin of which comes from within the industry and perhaps from a source with an agenda. A source close to the station denies that this rumor is true.

Having a background in commercial finance I know of some people that finance the media biz and they would likely be aware of any possible sale. At this point there appears to be no substance to the rumor and resulting speculation.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi