Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Should Brian Billick be a canidate for "Coach of the Year"?

I know it's still a little too early, but I'm just throwing it out there. If we make it to the playoffs or win the division, do you think he should win it? So far, he has done a tremendous job by turning this franchise around from last years 6-10 record! We were a joke after that Detroit game:grbac: ! I remember wearing my Ravens shirt to Wally World after that and getting laughed at by a kid!!! I am very proud now. Is there anyone that still wants Billick to be fired??

Re: Should Brian Billick be a canidate for "Coach of the Year"?

I know it's still a little too early
    Exactly. Ask me in January.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

He should be after this week cuz he'll be an offensive guru again. Wait till you see Steve McNair lay a 4 TD bombshell on his old franchise. Then he'll have to apologize for embarassing the FIsh

Candidate? Sure. But I can't imagine it going to anyone other than Sean Payton, provided the Saints make the playoffs. He's turned around a losing franchise, much the same way Marvin Lewis has in Cincy. You could argue, of course, for Tony Dungy, if the Colts continue to cruise, but I think Dungy is as much the benefactor of having great players as he is a great coach. Payton has taken a group of players with a pretty high degree of turnover and put them at the top of their division (one of the toughest in football). He's got in right now in my book.

Billick would probably be around fifth or sixth.

No way.

This team has tons fo talent and if anything BB has held them back. I like BB and I want him to remain our coach...but he has done nothing special to warrant COTY.

of course he should be, but as I stated in another post, I also think as far as AFC goes that Herman Edwards (without his starting QB and with a guy in Huard who hasn't played since he was with the Fins) and Roof retires and the D' in KC is still only above average, I think he deserves some credit as well.

my possible COTY are:

Peyton (NO)
    Edwards (KC)
    Billick (Balt)
    Smith (Chic)
    "Is it me or does Billick seem a bit in his Post game Interviews? or is it he's just :insane: and doesn't know what to do?"

Absolutely. Taking a group of aging, bickering vets and turning the Ravens into a cohesive contending team is quite an accomplishment.

But I can't imagine it going to anyone other than Sean Payton, provided the Saints make the playoffs. He's turned around a losing franchise, much the same way Marvin Lewis has in Cincy.
    Please --- no!

Billick deserved COY in 2000, but lost out to Saints coach Jim Haslett, who had also just "turned around a losing franchise, much the same way Marvin Lewis has in Cincy". How many times does a Saints coach turn around a losing franchise?

:nm:

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Possible canidate, but being 6-2 thru 8 games doesn't mean squat at the end of the year unless you continue playing that way, make the playoffs & go on from there.

There are also some other canidates who may be worthy.

This discussion should be completed after the Bills game on New Years Eve, & we'll see where the Ravens wind up after all 16 games are played.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Too early however he is on his way if things stay the same.

Last edited by Sports Steve; 12-27-2006 at 07:44 AM.

I don't think so, at least not as things stand. The Ravens have always been a team with a lot of talent. I would be inclined to go with Payton at this point, but as you say it's to early to even be speculating.

AZ brings up a great point, Billick has numerous (current and former All-Pros on his roster)

Odgen
    Lewis
    Thomas
    Reed
    C-Mac
    Heap
    Scott
    J.Lewis
    Mason
    McNair
    Rolle

this team has always had the talent to compete, it was the QB-OL that held them back from achieving
    "Is it me or does Billick seem a bit in his Post game Interviews? or is it he's just :insane: and doesn't know what to do?"

To Early as stated above, BUT!!! if we go deep into the playoffs/ SB ....

I say Hell yeah!!

If for no other reason, literally putting his balls/ job / career on the line by assuming command of the offense/ TEAM

Sure, I can deal with that

Still hate the way he articulates his message, but WTF!!

We be looking GOOD!!!