Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Double standard

Blog Entries

Re: Double standard

Quote Originally Posted by evade6317 View Post
    And you get a standing ovation for your glaring double standard when defending Boller.

Way to contradict yourself.
    Don't waste your time.....

I actually don't know what the hell he's talking about 4. I only jumped in because the thread was still amazingly going on.

But hey, it seems to be taking a lot of your small brain power to come up with these responses Evade, so I'll let you be to smoke up a little more. It is good laugh material.

Quote Originally Posted by evade6317 View Post
    Who had only one statistically good year in college?

Who couldn't put up points?

Who couldn't sustain drives?

Who got replaced by McNair?

Who was ranked as one of SI's "Top 25 QB Busts of All Time"?

Who couldn't mature into a mediocre QB after 5 years in the same offense?

Who get's credit for the wins, but is never guilty for the losses?

Your boy Kyle.
    BINGO

Boller has done nothing but undermine this franchise chances of winning games since he's been here.

Billick gave boller the keys to run the offense when he couldn't even stay on his tricycle.

I couldn't believe they gave him an extension , even if it was one season.
    A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I actually don't know what the hell he's talking about 4. I only jumped in because the thread was still amazingly going on.

But hey, it seems to be taking a lot of your small brain power to come up with these responses Evade, so I'll let you be to smoke up a little more. It is good laugh material.
    Who said the following:

On one occasion,"Boller has won 20 games you know." (Giving Boller credit for wins.)

And on another, "But to blame Boller for this loss is more than rediculous."(Giving him immunity for losses.)

Talk about a glaring double standard.

Everyone wants a QB to win. Eventually they get an emotional attachment to the QB they think will part the Red Sea and lead this team to the endzone of glory.

Soon as that happens, you start seeing those types of defenses.

Me, I'm partial to seeing what Smith can do. He has promise. He made mistakes, he's got work, and he's done some things well. Ultimately a "we're not sure what we have, but it might be good".
    Just win baby...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post

Look, we've disagreed about Boller in the past and while I feel we've lost games because of his play, I also feel we've won because of his play. But, as you and I have debated about before, I feel Boller has had his due time to prove himself. He'll never get us to the Super Bowl with his inconsistent play.

Like 'Exiled' said above, I'd like to see what Smith has to offer us. He's shown promise, which I'm sure you'll agree with, since he started at the end of the year....now if we could just do something with McNair and that terrible contract we gave him.....

No quarterback will play consistently in Baltimore until the pass protection is greatly removed. Whether his name is Boller, Smith, Brady, Manning, or something else, a QB requires consistent protection to succeed.

Hopefully, Cameron will focus on improving the o-line's performance, and hire a good o-line coach, and we'll all see a much improved offense. Meanwhile, we'll draft or sign a shutdown corner or two, a QB-pressuring d-lineman, to improve the pass defense which was terrible this past season, and a wide receiver with game breaking potential to aid the improved offense.
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by OriAl View Post
    No quarterback will play consistently in Baltimore until the pass protection is greatly removed. Whether his name is Boller, Smith, Brady, Manning, or something else, a QB requires consistent protection to succeed.

Hopefully, Cameron will focus on improving the o-line's performance, and hire a good o-line coach, and we'll all see a much improved offense. Meanwhile, we'll draft or sign a shutdown corner or two, a QB-pressuring d-lineman, to improve the pass defense which was terrible this past season, and a wide receiver with game breaking potential to aid the improved offense.
    All of this and we'll still have a shitty QB.

Keep banging that drum!

PP

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

No quarterback will play consistently in Baltimore until the pass protection is greatly removed.
    I think it already has been removed and that is the problem! <RIM SHOT>

I would like to see us improve OL play and draft a QB and then see what we have in Boller, Smith and the rookie. Boller performed at a decent level when given protection. Again, as I keep stressing, even with the OL last year he still was better (using the rating system) than the QBs on at least 8 NFL teams.

I wouldn't toss anybody out at this point, nor am I convinced we have anything in any of them.

I also would not write off McNair until he comes into camp and we see what kind of zip he does or does not have. Hopefully he is working a lot harder this off-season than he did the last one.