Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Double standard

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Double standard

And Tim Couch and Akili Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    True, for some reason people that Boller was the only first round pick to not pan out. Here's a list of first round QBs that have been a bust. Going back to 2000.

Chad Pennington
    Michael Vick
    David Carr
    Patrick Ramsey
    Rex Grossman
    J.P. Losman
    Alex Smith
    Aaron Rodgers
    Matt Leinart
    Byron Leftwich
    Kyle Boller

(Even through he was draft before 2000, lets never forget Ryan Leaf)

Thats eleven out of 20 QBs pick in the first round since 2000. More than 50%of the QBs taken in the first round hasn't become successfull starters by the end of the regular 2007 season. So Boller isn't all alone is he.
    How can you call Aaron Rodgers a bust? He plays behind Brett Favre and looked really good spelling Favre against the Cowboys. I would give Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith and Matt Leinart an incomplete grade. However, I do agree with the premise of your post. There have been many first round busts at the QB position.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    True, for some reason people that Boller was the only first round pick to not pan out. Here's a list of first round QBs that have been a bust. Going back to 2000.

Chad Pennington
    Michael Vick
    David Carr
    Patrick Ramsey
    Rex Grossman
    J.P. Losman
    Alex Smith
    Aaron Rodgers
    Matt Leinart
    Byron Leftwich
    Kyle Boller

(Even through he was draft before 2000, lets never forget Ryan Leaf)

Thats eleven out of 20 QBs pick in the first round since 2000. More than 50%of the QBs taken in the first round hasn't become successfull starters by the end of the regular 2007 season. So Boller isn't all alone is he.
    How is Pennington a bust?

Leinart?

Rodgers?

And say what you want about Vick but he's been to the playoffs a few times, won a few playoff games and led the Falcons to the NFC Championship game. He certainly isn't a bust on the field. Im sure the Falcons wanted a bit more than they've gotten. What he is though, is a MAJOR bust off the field.

And who cares about other teams' QB busts?

I care about our QB and Boller is a bust.

PP
    Last edited by purplepoe; 01-07-2008 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    How is Pennington a bust?

Leinart?

Rodgers?

And say what you want about Vick but he's been to the playoffs a few times, won a few playoff games and led the Falcons to the NFC Championship game. He certainly isn't a bust on the field. Im sure the Falcons wanted a bit more than they've gotten. What he is though, is a MAJOR bust off the field.

And who cares about other teams' QB busts?

I care about our QB and Boller is a bust.

PP
    There are varying degrees of "Bust"... Akili Smith, Tim Couch and Ryan Leaf are ALL the "nth" degree of bust.
    Pennington, Vick, Leftwich, Carr, have been somewhat serviceable, even quite good at certain times, but in the end surely did not pan out like their team had hoped... mild busts.
    "GODDammit" Kyle and most of the others on this list are somewhere in between, IMO.

I feel that Boller was a bust as far as 1st round draft picks go. Overall, he worked great in a backup role and occasionally looked good in his starting role.
    So, meh... it is really middle of the road I guess.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

So, meh... it is really middle of the road I guess.
    Middle of the road?

Excuse me?!

Boller has been ranked towards the bottom of the passing stats for years. He has been ranked 31th (2003), 30th (2004), 29th (2005), No ranking in 2006 cause he was benched, and in 2007 he is ranked 24th and remember thats with 6 straight losses while being benched once more.

You do realize there are 31 other teams in this league...Right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    Middle of the road?

Excuse me?!

Boller has been ranked towards the bottom of the passing stats for years. He has been ranked 31th (2003), 30th (2004), 29th (2005), No ranking in 2006 cause he was benched, and in 2007 he is ranked 24th and remember thats with 6 straight losses while being benched once more.

You do realize there are 31 other teams in this league...Right?!
    I meant my opinion of him is middle of the road (because he is a decent backup). Statistically speaking... I agree with you.

But thanks for calrifying how many teams are in the ... what is this called again... National foozball legislature?
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

I meant my opinion of him is middle of the road (because he is a decent backup).
    In his last 7 starts it been all losses. A decent back up wins a few games over that span. A "middle of the road" type qb would at the very least pull out 3 or 4 wins during that stretch. At the minium you would expect a win against a team like Miami. Maybe I'm asking too much, eh?

Who blew the game against Miami? The defense. Who blew the New England game? The defense. Who blew the Browns game with 16 seconds left? The defense. We had second half leads in all three of those games - before 2007, our defense held leads. Guess the fact that the defense couldn't stop opposing QBs is Boller's fault. How dare he allow Cleo Lemon to torch our team in the second half, and let Tom Brady run 12 yards on fourth and six, and let Derek Anderson complete two passes for 25 yards in 16 seconds in must-pass situations?
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by OriAl View Post
    Who blew the game against Miami? The defense. Who blew the New England game? The defense. Who blew the Browns game with 16 seconds left? The defense. We had second half leads in all three of those games - before 2007, our defense held leads. Guess the fact that the defense couldn't stop opposing QBs is Boller's fault. How dare he allow Cleo Lemon to torch our team in the second half, and let Tom Brady run 12 yards on fourth and six, and let Derek Anderson complete two passes for 25 yards in 16 seconds in must-pass situations?
    LOL.

When McNair would win squeakers last the defense would get credit and the McNair bashers would say we won in spite of him.

If Boller would've made the comeback in Cleveland last year or in Tennesse last year it would've been a party around here celebrating him.

THAT is the double standard.

PP

Yeah...the #6 defense is the reason we lost 11 games...not the #22 ranked offense...

What a lame argument.

Who had only one statistically good year in college?

Who couldn't put up points?

Who couldn't sustain drives?

Who got replaced by McNair?

Who was ranked as one of SI's "Top 25 QB Busts of All Time"?

Who couldn't mature into a mediocre QB after 5 years in the same offense?

Who get's credit for the wins, but is never guilty for the losses?

Your boy Kyle.

Who was ranked as one of SI's "Top 25 QB Busts of All Time"?
    I didnt know that. What place did he come in?

Quote Originally Posted by evade6317 View Post
    Who get's credit for the wins, but is never guilty for the losses?

COUGH COUGH DEFENSE COUGH COUGH

Is this retarded thread still going on?

Blog Entries

Who blew the game against Miami? The defense. Who blew the New England game? The defense.
    Miami, yes.....NE, no! Rex and Brian, by calling that timeout, lost us the Pats' game.

Look at our defenses on the field for both of those games. NO COMPARISON!
    Last edited by 4G63; 01-16-2008 at 12:41 AM.