Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Double standard

Re: Double standard

Kevlar, I will say whatever I feel, whenever I feel.

If you don't like it, put me on ignore. Either way shut the hell up.

The fact is that this issue has absolutley zero purpose considering we need a new coach who whill THEN decide who the QB is going to be.

And we don't know if a new system and offense will or won't change the QB play of any of our QB's because we've only seen the same offensive woes for 9 years.

This is just simply not a big issue right now.

You wanna hear of a double standard?

When someone gives his favorite QB credit for "Winning Games" but then turns around and says "you can't blame him for the loss".

Or when someone condems a WR for not catching a ball that was thrown by his favorite QB even though he had to completely stretch out and just barely got his fingertips to the ball and then completely berates the other QB for making a similar poor throw and gives the WR a pass.

Boller is just another Tedford lemon who needs an extrordinary team around him to achieve mediocre.

Did anyone notice that in Boller's 5th year he finally took the reigns of a hurry up/2 minute offense? Also, did anyone notice that in Smith's 1st year and 2nd set of game snaps that he was already taking charge of the 2 minute offense?

He's already caught up to Boller in his first year! Imagine where he'll be in his 5th year if he keeps up this rate.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

So you are saying until this year Boller never successfully ran a 2 minute offense?

4. Re: Double standard

I can't pass up this opportunity.
    I been on message boards for years and I find it funny that people are complaining about talking about certain subjects and then state their freedom to say whatever they want. However, when it comes to others somehow they can't excercise that same freedom.
    And the title of the thread is.. "Double Standard".

"The ironing is delicious" - Bart Simpson

Lighten up, it's just a message board, just fans talking about things to pass the time until next September.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Lighten up, it's just a message board, just fans talking about things to pass the time until next September.
    Raven QB threads go way back through history.Indeed they found a neolithic Raven QB thread painted in a cave somewhere.With a lot of smashed skulls on the cave floor.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Boller has been a disappointment, but other teams have done worse at QB with mid-first picks and higher.
    True, for some reason people that Boller was the only first round pick to not pan out. Here's a list of first round QBs that have been a bust. Going back to 2000.

Chad Pennington
    Michael Vick
    David Carr
    Patrick Ramsey
    Rex Grossman
    J.P. Losman
    Alex Smith
    Aaron Rodgers
    Matt Leinart
    Byron Leftwich
    Kyle Boller

(Even through he was draft before 2000, lets never forget Ryan Leaf)

Thats eleven out of 20 QBs pick in the first round since 2000. More than 50%of the QBs taken in the first round hasn't become successfull starters by the end of the regular 2007 season. So Boller isn't all alone is he.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

And Tim Couch and Akili Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    True, for some reason people that Boller was the only first round pick to not pan out. Here's a list of first round QBs that have been a bust. Going back to 2000.

Chad Pennington
    Michael Vick
    David Carr
    Patrick Ramsey
    Rex Grossman
    J.P. Losman
    Alex Smith
    Aaron Rodgers
    Matt Leinart
    Byron Leftwich
    Kyle Boller

Thats eleven out of 20 QBs pick in the first round since 2000. More than 50%of the QBs taken in the first round hasn't become successfull starters by the end of the regular 2007 season. So Boller isn't all alone is he.
    How can you call Aaron Rodgers a bust? He plays behind Brett Favre and looked really good spelling Favre against the Cowboys. I would give Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith and Matt Leinart an incomplete grade. However, I do agree with the premise of your post. There have been many first round busts at the QB position.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post

Chad Pennington
    Michael Vick
    David Carr
    Patrick Ramsey
    Rex Grossman
    J.P. Losman
    Alex Smith
    Aaron Rodgers
    Matt Leinart
    Byron Leftwich
    Kyle Boller

How is Pennington a bust?

Leinart?

Rodgers?

And say what you want about Vick but he's been to the playoffs a few times, won a few playoff games and led the Falcons to the NFC Championship game. He certainly isn't a bust on the field. Im sure the Falcons wanted a bit more than they've gotten. What he is though, is a MAJOR bust off the field.

And who cares about other teams' QB busts?

I care about our QB and Boller is a bust.

PP
    Last edited by purplepoe; 01-07-2008 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    How is Pennington a bust?

Leinart?

Rodgers?

And say what you want about Vick but he's been to the playoffs a few times, won a few playoff games and led the Falcons to the NFC Championship game. He certainly isn't a bust on the field. Im sure the Falcons wanted a bit more than they've gotten. What he is though, is a MAJOR bust off the field.

And who cares about other teams' QB busts?

I care about our QB and Boller is a bust.

PP
    There are varying degrees of "Bust"... Akili Smith, Tim Couch and Ryan Leaf are ALL the "nth" degree of bust.
    Pennington, Vick, Leftwich, Carr, have been somewhat serviceable, even quite good at certain times, but in the end surely did not pan out like their team had hoped... mild busts.
    "GODDammit" Kyle and most of the others on this list are somewhere in between, IMO.

I feel that Boller was a bust as far as 1st round draft picks go. Overall, he worked great in a backup role and occasionally looked good in his starting role.
    So, meh... it is really middle of the road I guess.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

So, meh... it is really middle of the road I guess.
    Middle of the road?

Excuse me?!

Boller has been ranked towards the bottom of the passing stats for years. He has been ranked 31th (2003), 30th (2004), 29th (2005), No ranking in 2006 cause he was benched, and in 2007 he is ranked 24th and remember thats with 6 straight losses while being benched once more.

You do realize there are 31 other teams in this league...Right?!