Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

30-40% Steler Fans?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...,6710203.story

"I am looking forward to 30 to 40 percent being Steelers fans," said Ed McConnell, 60, a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers Fan Club of Maryland.

Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs considers the fans who sell tickets traitors.

"That's a slap in the face," he said. "We still belong to the city of Baltimore. We don't belong to Pittsburgh. If they're selling their tickets to Steelers fans, maybe they should be Steelers fans. I don't know what to say to that."

"We haven't given the team and the fans what they deserve, which is high-quality football on a consistent basis," linebacker Bart Scott said.

"This is an expensive ticket over a course of the season," kicker Matt Stover said. "I appreciate our fans and understand why they would do that. But then again, I wouldn't."

I think 30-40% is still a little high. I'm thinking maybe 25% at most. But I can't blame people for selling...and I can't blame Giants fans for selling either. Scotts and Stovers comments make sense and they understand what we fans have put up with all season. As for Suggs...he's just an idiot. Talk about slap in the face....he needs to look in the mirror.

With that all said I hope people don't sell out even with how bad our team is this year. I would never sell my tickets for this game....I'd give them to a family member or other Raven's fan. I will be there rain or shine on Sunday. The Steelers are 0-4 in the last 4 games here....let's make it 0-5!
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Re: 30-40% Steler Fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post

I think 30-40% is still a little high. I'm thinking maybe 25% at most. But I can't blame people for selling...
    I can and will blame people. I know there are some fans that sell their tickets to Steelers fans because they wouldn't be able to afford the tickets. Although I don't like it I can almost not blame them. But if you are selling your ticket to a Steelers fan because of a bad season by the Ravens, then you are not a Ravens fan. It is plain and simple.

And don't give me that crap about "My friend is a big Steelers fan and...blah...blah...blah...". Real Ravens fans don't have friends who are Steelers fans.

Its just a game everyone.. It doesnt matter..

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    I can and will blame people. I know there are some fans that sell their tickets to Steelers fans because they wouldn't be able to afford the tickets. Although I don't like it I can almost not blame them. But if you are selling your ticket to a Steelers fan because of a bad season by the Ravens, then you are not a Ravens fan. It is plain and simple.

And don't give me that crap about "My friend is a big Steelers fan and...blah...blah...blah...". Real Ravens fans don't have friends who are Steelers fans.
    Wow, does it get lonely up there on your pedestal?

Can you write some commandments so we can all live by your beliefs, I just want to have some guidelines to know what is morally right and wrong.

Now while I will be going to the game this week, and personally would not sell my tickets to a Steelers fan, we pay a lot of money every year for our tickets and I don't blame people for selling them at a profit for a meaningless game.

For Me(and only me) this is the last game of the year, and I will not miss the game for the following reasons.

1. It is the last one of the year and I will be jonesing for football in about 2 months, so I have to get my fix now.
    2. It is the last chance to see my section neighbors until next year
    3. I hate the Steelers and if we can beat them, especially with all the yintzers there I will be very happy.
    4. I am excited to see Troy start his first home game.
    5. I am bringing a friend who I don't get to see that often, so especially with the later start we will have all day to hang out.
    6. An excuse to drink A lot on Sunday
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

I remember in 2005 when we were having a lousy season, there was another Sun article about how they expected a ton of Yinzers to reign over M&T and take the place over. Didn't happen, and the Ravens won in overtime.

No way in hell they get 40%. I say you'll see 5,000-10,000 piss towel waving inbreds as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    No way in hell they get 40%. I say you'll see 5,000-10,000 piss towel waving inbreds as usual.
    I think we are due for some new white towels...
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

7. Re: 30-40% Steler Fans?

Yep its the same stupid spin from Sun. Lets see, nothing to write about on the ravens side, how about we stir up some crap about fans selling to steelers fans!

what proof do they have?? a guy at work they know sold 2 tickets to a friend from pittsburgh? or they going by ebay tickets?? Cuz as far as i know i think anyone can buy tickets on ebay, not JUST steelers fans, ravens fans can buy them as well as a non fan just wanting to go see a game.

there are as many redskins tickets up on ebay as ravens. And the giants patriots game as 4 times as many as us.

Just like someone said in 2005 they made a huge deal about it before the game and didnt see anymore then then normal crowd, larger then other opposing teams, but no where near like it was at memorial stadium before psl's.

No one can predict how many will show based on tickets for sale, because ravens fans are buying them too, not just steelers fans.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post

That last line is RIGHT ON! I have "acquaintances" who are Steeler fans..... but I don't call them friends!!!!!!. Here in Hagerstown, there are more Steeleroid fans than Ravens fans.... and you know what? they are immediately recognizable as such... they all have that certain joie de pee attitude about them and are generally just unlikeable... in every way! C'mon Baltimorons... last chance to party together for 9 long months! DON'T SELL!!!!!!!!!:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

I work with a guy who's a Steeler fan and he's one of the nicest, brightest guys on our team. And he has all his teeth, too.

I'll not condemn all Steelers fans. Only the ones who are like the ones back in '05 who were jerks in our tailgate lot (and paid for it), or the ones in the stands who are assholes. Those yinzers get what they deserve.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

screw the ones who sold out....a real raven fan would never sell their tix to steeler scum
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

Can you write some commandments so we can all live by your beliefs, I just want to have some guidelines to know what is morally right and wrong.
    That's pretty much it but thanks for asking. Never hurts to ask what you are doing wrong to better yourself

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I work with a guy who's a Steeler fan and he's one of the nicest, brightest guys on our team. And he has all his teeth, too.

I'll not condemn all Steelers fans. Only the ones who are like the ones back in '05 who were jerks in our tailgate lot (and paid for it), or the ones in the stands who are assholes. Those yinzers get what they deserve.
    Camden....I didn't say one negative word about Steelers fans not being bright, nice, etc... This is strictly football. Due to the nature of my work there are a lot of Steelers fans at work who help me out day after day. I have no problem with them at work. But come Sunday, screw them all!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I would say 5000-10000 is about twice what we have been seeing, I would say a few thousand is the normal allotment. Maybe you meant the amount of Yinzer teeth that would be there. In that case you are probably correct.