Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Per WNST: No Black Uniforms for 2006

Why the NFL puts a timeline on a request what jersey to wear just amazes me. Doesn't the league have more important issues to review. Like plyers who continue get locked up. There should not be any time line to wear another jersey. They can change the time of a game later in the season why not do the same with the color of the jersey a team wants to wear.

:hammer:

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Steve
    Why the NFL puts a timeline on a request what jersey to wear just amazes me. Doesn't the league have more important issues to review. Like plyers who continue get locked up. There should not be any time line to wear another jersey. They can change the time of a game later in the season why not do the same with the color of the jersey a team wants to wear.

:hammer:
    That is absolutely correct. Just another NFL enigma. In many ways, a fascist organization. (but such successful fascists!)
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

I guess, as usual, I will be in the minority, but, I absolutely love the black uniforms. Its mean, fierce, and Raven like. I love it
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

The black uniforms are sweet, but the purple one is the one I love the most. :D

Too bad. While I am a fan of the all black unis, the thing I always noticed was how the players seemed to get up for those games. There is just something about wearing all black that makes a person feel invincible.

I bet if we have a playoff home game or make it to Miami, the black uni will make an appearance. You can wear the alternate once during the playoffs, I remember because San Diego talked about saving their throwback powder blues for the Superbowl 2 years ago.

Hey Mob,
    With all due respect, perception is not reality.

My highschool team colors were Black and Orange and my teammates and I always felt a little something extra when strapping up our all black unis.

Hey Mob,
    With all due respect, perception is not reality.

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to say here. While perception is not always reality, when we are talking about how a certain thing makes ME feel then perception can absolutely become reality. If I feel that wearing gloves can make me a better receiver, then the chances of me actually being a better receiver are increased. Similar in concept to a Placebo Effect.

Re: The pitch black uni-s this year?

IIRC, we can still alternate jerseys at home. We could, early in the season, opt to wear white instead of purple. This would keep our players cooler. I've seen it done in previous years, but forgot to keep track of it last year.

Anyone know which games, if any, the Ravens wore white at home last year?
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

Quote Originally Posted by BaltimoreRon
    Anyone know which games, if any, the Ravens wore white at home last year?
    Don't remember last year, but I know we were wearing white for Jamal's 295 yard game in 2003 and when we whooped the Steelers (and made Ben a starter) at home in 2004. Both were in early-mid September.

I just received my Authentic Black Ed Reed jersey so I'm a little disappointed they will not be wearing them this year :( I love the black jerseys...