Only 1 year guaranteed for Billick

Peter King is reporting that Billick is only owed 1 year ($5M) on his contract. The other 2 years were apparently an unguaranteed option, and the team doesn't have to pay them.

link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...hes/index.html

This has been picked up by PFT also.

Re: Only 1 year guaranteed for Billick

I feel vindicated. I said it here months ago that portions of a coaches contract are not as public as the players and that there was a chance there was an out in Billick's contract.

F you to all those who screamed at me! ;)

Just kidding!

Great post Houston! I totally agree. We, the public, do not have access to every detail of these contracts, nor are we entitled to it.

I heard via the radio waves that Bisciotti will Honor the contract, and pay BB the full 15 mil. Probably not a bad idea for potential HC candidates to hear.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    I heard via the radio waves that Bisciotti will Honor the contract, and pay BB the full 15 mil. Probably not a bad idea for potential HC candidates to hear.
    BS. Bisciotti didn't become a billionaire by paying people $10 mil more than he is legally obligated to just to sit on their ass.

The bonus 2 years is apparently in the contract as unguaranteed money. In other words, honoring the contract means only paying the 1 extra year ($5M).

Okay so nevermind.... Scott Garceau sqashed this rumor on Wed. night newscast. Said it was mearly rumor and the whole $15M is guaranteed.

too bad Biscuit will have to give that weasel another penny. Good riddance Billick....he was all talk and called games like a little wussy.

FM