Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ray Lewis' Dance

I think if Ray gets to dance then they should let each player dance, lets see, games should probably get started by 5:00 p.m.
    I think it's dumb myself but then as we have discussed before on this subject it's seems the team and fans need it to get into the game. Perhaps that explains our problem, when high paid athletes can't get up for doing their job without some spastic gyrations by a self promoting "star" it explains the results the last couple seasons.
    I like Ray Lewis on the field but I sure won't miss this semi weekly argument when he's gone. :hammer:

I can actually say I miss they way it pumps up the crowd. After the team intros its like "What Now, we have 2 mins to kill"?:insane:

Whether he dances or not, the RAVENS need to do something to get the crowd pumped up. Seeing that new introduction (and you can see it on the TV screen) sure as heck doesn't get me too excited.

I think a good compromise for this would be to go back to the way they did individual introductions before 2002. They announced the whole team with Ray being last. He did his dance with no special music. It would have the same effect on the crowd without having the individualized music that seems to make people so unhappy.

Let Ray-Ray dance! It gets us all fired up!
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

Nothing, I mean nothing gets me more fired up for a game than Ray Ray's dance!

I miss Ray's dance. It definitely gets the crowd fired up. I wouldn't care if every player "did his own thing" when he was introduced. Anything to fire up the crowd. The team intro was boring boring boring. I had nothing to get all goosebumped to.
    Life's a beach in Ocean City

This will be about the 4th or 5th time I have asked.

Could it be we are about to see the "new face" or "new leader" if it happens?
    SS

I would doubt it, I can't see ray sharing the stage with anyone else. Did you forget he is the team and we don't need anyone else?

You know, I have thought about this long and hard and have tried to stay balanced in my views of Ray Lewis's dance, place on the team, etc:.

My problem is that the team is spending this energy trying to get back into being a TEAM. And yet all of a sudden after Ray left the team and bolted for Florida while the Ravens were struggling, now all of a sudden he's back and once again he's "The General" and everyone just follows him??

This already starts to bother me. Enough of the "me me me". It's time for this team to be exactly that, a team. There is going to be a point, even if it's not right now, that the other players in the locker room are going to get tired of all this.

So for me, no thanks for the dance. Get out on the field and dominate and you'll see the electricity in the stadium.

That is what I have a problem with also Stringer. I admire Ray's skill, I have rooted for him the whole time he's been a Raven but the attitude I saw from him last season, to me, makes his "generalship" a sham. You just don't cut and run when the team sucks! I know it's a new season, he's kissed and made up with everyone so we are all supposed to just forget it happened.. Sorry, just can't do that he will have to prove to me as a fan that he's what he has always pretended to be. Til then, I'd rather not be subjected to that silly dance that has been parodied by practically everyone in the league.

Just out of curiosity lets check something.
    Everyone post either Love It or Hate It about Rays dance along with your age.
    I want to see if it falls just like TD celebrations with most people 45 and younger loving it and the older hating it.

I'll start

I LOVE IT 40yrs old