Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ray on SI cover

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ray on SI cover

I'll have to pick this up, although it sounds like the article has very little to do with football, let alone the Ravens.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Re: Ray on SI cover

I cringed when I saw the cover.

Im so sick of the God talk by athletes.

PP

3. Re: Ray on SI cover

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I cringed when I saw the cover.

Im so sick of the God talk by athletes.

PP
    What's so wrong with todays athelte acknowledging God???

One thing's for sure: Divine Intervention brought Ray Lewis to Baltimore in 96'!

We're starting to get too much attention . . . . I don't like it. It makes me nervous. I've always preferred the "flying under the radar" strategy.
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Man, that's great. A little too much over the edge.

I do think it's great that today's athletes can worship someone other than themselves *cough*Cincy*cough* it just doesn't have to be on the cover of SI.

7. Re: Ray on SI cover

Quote Originally Posted by Ravskins View Post
    Man, that's great. A little too much over the edge.

I do think it's great that today's athletes can worship someone other than themselves *cough*Cincy*cough* it just doesn't have to be on the cover of SI.
    I'm with you O' confused one Ravens or Skins I do agree that SI shouldn't have put it on the cover like that, but there is nothing wrong with him acknoledging his beliefs, as long as he is living it!

What's so wrong with todays athelte acknowledging God???
    When you see a player hit a home run or score a TD you seem them point to God.

Why don't we see them do the same when they strike out, or drop a TD. You never see athletes pointing up at the sky after they screw up do you?

9. Re: Ray on SI cover

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post

Why don't we see them do the same when they strike out, or drop a TD. You never see athletes pointing up at the sky after they screw up do you?
    And....if you screw up are you excited and happy and thank God?? You don't know what's in their mind as they make a errrrr....In no way am I attacking you;) If I sound like I am, please forgive me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post

Actually, I do think Stover points up the sky after every kick...whether it's good or not. Of course, when it's good, he's usually more enthusiatic.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Maybe I can explain this for you. You see, athletes thank God for their blessings just like every Christian does, and when things aren't going well or don't work out they seek solace and comfort with God, just like other Christians. It's just that they have a microphone stuck in their face while I don't.

God doesn't give an athlete a win, he has blessed them with talents that they then can use. They are thanking God for their gifts, not the win.

If you don't mention religion again in this sports forum I promise not to as well.

Oh, and if an athlete doesn't win he should still thank God for his talents that gave him the opportunity to have a shot. When you live a life in gratitude you are a lot happier than being pissed every time somebody says something you don't like. Oops.

12. Re: Ray on SI cover

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Maybe I can explain this for you. You see, athletes thank God for their blessings just like every Christian does, and when things aren't going well or don't work out they seek solace and comfort with God, just like other Christians. It's just that they have a microphone stuck in their face while I don't.

God doesn't give an athlete a win, he has blessed them with talents that they then can use. They are thanking God for their gifts, not the win.

If you don't mention religion again in this sports forum I promise not to as well.

Oh, and if an athlete doesn't win he should still thank God for his talents that gave him the opportunity to have a shot. When you live a life in gratitude you are a lot happier than being pissed every time somebody says something you don't like. Oops.
    Right on Greg