Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Matt Ryan is on now (12/28) on ESPN

He just threw for a touchdown in the second quarter to a WR in stride in the back of the endzone. Michigan State has been giving him pressure the whole night so far and he's played well for what I've seen......

I still think we'll end up with Chris Long in the draft, but if we pick up Ryan I won't be too disappointed....

2. Re: Matt Ryan is on now (12/28) on ESPN

couldn't get away from that sack:grbac:

3. Re: Matt Ryan is on now (12/28) on ESPN

Now he's been intercepted:grbac: What? Is this the interception bowl?
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 12-28-2007 at 08:32 PM.

Re: Matt Ryan is on now (12/28) on ESPN

If people think we're getting Ryan or any of the top tier QB's this draft, I have a tunnel in Baltimore to sell you.

Billick will NEVER allow his ego to start any other QB next year other than McBoller.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If people think we're getting Ryan or any of the top tier QB's this draft, I have a tunnel in Baltimore to sell you.

Billick will NEVER allow his ego to start any other QB next year other than McBoller.
    Brian Billick is the teams GM? What, besides waste 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks does Ozzie Newsome do?

1) Who is drafted and who starts have nothing to do with one another.

2) Who says anyone here who wants us to draft one of the big three wants that QB to start next year?

3) Why do you think Billick has a major say in, much less controls, who we draft?

- C -

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    1) Who is drafted and who starts have nothing to do with one another.
    Really? Ask Troy Smith about that.

2) Who says anyone here who wants us to draft one of the big three wants that QB to start next year?
    With one year left on both McNair's and Boller contract, IF someone is drafted, they see time albeit limited. Billick is loyal to a fault and will not even look at a QB in the draft unless instructed to do so. Even then, no telling if that new QB even sees the field if McBoller are still in the mix.

3) Why do you think Billick has a major say in, much less controls, who we draft?
    Because he has in EVERY draft since he has been with the team ... uhh, hello ... Kyle Boller was his hand-picked QB.

With one year left on both McNair's and Boller contract, IF someone is drafted, they see time albeit limited. Billick is loyal to a fault and will not even look at a QB in the draft unless instructed to do so. Even then, no telling if that new QB even sees the field if McBoller are still in the mix.
    When did Billick get to start handing in the draft card? Are you now saying Ozzie is not the decision maker on the team?

Because he has in EVERY draft since he has been with the team ... uhh, hello ... Kyle Boller was his hand-picked QB.
    Uhhh, hello. That was AFTER we lost Byron Leftwich to the Jaguars. We need to put this fabrication to rest at some point as well. The Ravens WANTED Leftwich. They couldn't get him as per the story about the telephone issue with Minnesota. They still NEEDED a QB. Boller was the next one on the list. Well, there was Rex Grossman after that. But everyone can see now how all three of these QB's (Leftwich, Boller, Grossman) panned out. Pretty much interchangable at this point.

Let's bury this hand-picked QB crap once and for all, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    When did Billick get to start handing in the draft card? Are you now saying Ozzie is not the decision maker on the team?

Uhhh, hello. That was AFTER we lost Byron Leftwich to the Jaguars. We need to put this fabrication to rest at some point as well. The Ravens WANTED Leftwich. They couldn't get him as per the story about the telephone issue with Minnesota. They still NEEDED a QB. Boller was the next one on the list. Well, there was Rex Grossman after that. But everyone can see now how all three of these QB's (Leftwich, Boller, Grossman) panned out. Pretty much interchangable at this point.

Let's bury this hand-picked QB crap once and for all, shall we?
    I was countering someone elses point that Billick has NO say, which is false.

Three folks from the Ravens make the trip to NYC -- Bisciotti, Ozzie and Billick. While final decision rests with Ozzie, Billick DOES have a huge say in who we draft as does any head coach.

Yes, the Ravens wanted Leftwich. That doesnt mean Billick was ONLY looking at Leftwich. Billick has long ties to the Pac-10 and had his eyes on Boller from his sophomore year at Cal. In that respect, Boller was Billick's guy in that neither Ozzie or Modell had their eyes on him.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

I have a strange feeling about Matt Ryan. Yes he is set up already to be a pro QB. But something just doesn't sit right about him.Maybe it all sounds to easy that he will be a great NFL QB. Or maybe I just don't want to condemn him to this offense.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

I was countering someone elses point that Billick has NO say, which is false.

Three folks from the Ravens make the trip to NYC -- Bisciotti, Ozzie and Billick. While final decision rests with Ozzie, Billick DOES have a huge say in who we draft as does any head coach.

Yes, the Ravens wanted Leftwich. That doesnt mean Billick was ONLY looking at Leftwich. Billick has long ties to the Pac-10 and had his eyes on Boller from his sophomore year at Cal. In that respect, Boller was Billick's guy in that neither Ozzie or Modell had their eyes on him.
    I'm pretty sure that Ozzie, Billick and DeCosta are sat back in a war room at Owings Mill during the draft and they have a bunch of assistants sat at our table in Radio City Music Hall, same setup as most teams go with I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Ozzie, Billick and DeCosta are sat back in a war room at Owings Mill during the draft and they have a bunch of assistants sat at our table in Radio City Music Hall, same setup as most teams go with I believe.
    Billick was definitely there last year for sure. My buddy had his picture taken with him on day two.