Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: 7 point favorites on the road

7 is being generous to the Titans considering they get the standard 3 point home field advatage. That means we beat them by barely a FG?
    Wrong math. It's really 7 + 3 = 10 point Ravens superiority. (The Sagarin ratings provide a 13 Ravens superiority).

Come on T when are you gonna stop being so down on the home team? A little blind homerism isn't always a bad thing.
    T, you won't let up will you?
    Get real guys. Discussing whether we beat the Titans by 7 or more or less isn't homerism, optimism, pessimism. No one is saying that the Ravens won't win. It's debating the merits of the initial pointspread.

:T2:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

7 really isn't that much, considering the decimation they got at the hands of Jacksonville. A 20-13 type game is quite probable. If we ever get a running game going we will be deadly, if it happens this week this could be a beat down for the ages.

3. Re: 7 point favorites on the road

This is Vince Young's head---> After being knocked around like a "Bobble head in the back of a 1969 Chevy Impala going down the back streets of B-more", hon!!!

I'm no longer on the practice squad!! I AM BIG TIME NOW MOMMA

I agree with Mister T, it's still football and anything can happen. Just ask the Bears. Better yet remember back to our Super Bowl year when we played the Cardinal's late in the year. We should of killed them, but instead we were lucky to limp back home with a win. The Titans will be pumped their fans will be pumped, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Ah the good old days a Titan Ravens hate fest.

I don't think anyone is debating the merits of "any given Sunday". Sure, they can beat us if they come to play and we don't.

Oakland 20, Baltimore 12 . That game still sticks in my craw.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Oakland 20, Baltimore 12 . That game still sticks in my craw.
    Tenn 25, Baltimore 10 That game is why I am questioning the 7 point spread on the road.

:T2:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Anthony Wright and no first downs in the first half...this isn't even close to the same team.

It is just a point spread, not a prediction! It is a number picked by Vegas to ensure that equal bets come in on both sides. If you don't think that the Ravens will win by more than 7, they throw some money on them!

Wink Re: 7 point favorites on the road

If you don't think that the Ravens will win by more than 7, they throw some money on them!
    Cannot do that, Kevin. I would never, ever bet against our team. Bad karma.

:nm:

We will cover this and more. I see us winning in double figures. I know I will be there cheering like hell for the Ravens. 50 yard line behind Ravens bench.

Although I really think the Ravens will win handily, NO team in the NFL should be taken lightly. Given the Ravens mantra though I can see a 7-10 point spread bieng considered too much.

Also remember the Vaunted INDY offense only put up 14 against tis Tennessee team in a 14-13 win.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20061008_TEN@IND
    Section 106 from start to finish!

We will win big because;

DEFENSE

Last edited by Sports Steve; 12-27-2006 at 07:44 AM.