Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: 30-40% Steler Fans?

My stepson is residing in my basement because there is no work in Cumberland and he needed a J-O-B! He wanted ME to get tickets to this game for him and his 2 buddies, while he is a Ravens fan, his buddies are Steeler fans and I told him no way no how. He said then we will get them and tailgate with you, again NO way. he thinks I am a royal bitch and has been on my case since Sept, well the Steeler fans won tickets but are not going to use them because of the projected bad weather:ww:
    Last edited by Drkraven; 12-28-2007 at 08:00 PM.

Ya know there's a couple things in that article that tend to chap my ass a bit.

First there's this segment..

"Some fans are upset about the nine-game losing streak. Some are upset with coach Brian Billick. And some are upset with just about everything linked to the most disappointing season in Ravens history.
    This has led loyal Ravens fans to give up their tickets to their most dreaded rivals, causing a surge in tickets being put up for sale on Internet auction sites."

Loyal??

There is nothing "Loyal" about a fan that sells his tickets because he/she is upset about the way the season has played out.

Nobody likes the way this season has unfolded, but the "Loyal" fans show up and support the team win or lose.

I got no problem if you're strapped for cash, have an emergency, have to work, etc., but being pissed off doesn't qualify you as being loyal.

Quite the contrary IMO.

Then there's this titstick..

"Steelers fans are being allowed to infiltrate M&T Bank Stadium because of disheartened fans such as William Price, a season-ticket holder since the Ravens' inaugural season in 1996.

Price, 45, a program manager from Leesburg, Va., who grew up in the Baltimore area, is trying to get double the face value on two tickets by selling them on StubHub.

"This season has been particularly embarrassing for the franchise," Price said. "It all started with the six turnovers in Cincinnati, and then to lose to Miami ... we haven't been ready to play, and that's the coach's responsibility. I appreciate Brian Billick for winning a Super Bowl, but I don't think he's the guy to get us there again."

Just because you're a season ticket holder since '96 doesn't make you a "Loyal" fan.

This guy IMO is a jackass!!

I've been a season ticket holder since '96, and I'm not happy about what has transpired either.

Baltimore likes to consider itself a great sports town but it's shit like this that IMO doesn't warrant us being considered a good sports town.

How many years did the Redsox go without winning a world series?

How long has it been since the Cubs did it?

Both of those teams' tickets are tough as nails to get, and both are well supported

There are many more examples of this around professional sports.

There is no question in my mind that the players on the Ravens aren't real happy about the way the season has played out.

There are many who have given their all on a weekly basis (Kelly Gregg, Ngata, McGahee, etc.) who deserve far better of an attitude from the fans then this type of selfish bullshit such as this Pryce dude is displaying.

I appreciate what Billick has done over the years as well, and sometimes question whether he should remain.
    There have been numerous play calls and decisions that piss me off.

Just because I'm pissed off doesn't mean I'm going to not go out there and show guys like Troy Smith, Antwann Barnes, etc. that I'm a shity fan and will only show them support during quality seasons.

And I'm certainly not going to give up the opportunity to see what could be Jonathan Ogdens last game.

Some of these so called "Loyal" fans need to get their heads out of their asses and realize that this is the NFL, and shit like this season happens from time to time.

It's part of what makes the NFL so great!!

When the Ravens start showing me that they function like the Orioles, then maybe I'll begin to lose some loyalty, until that time, I'll remain a "Loyal" fan!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Rack That Purple Hat Wearing, Banana Rum Swilling, Sob!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic
    Ya know there's a couple things in that article that tend to chap my ass a bit. <snip>

There is nothing "Loyal" about a fan that sells his tickets because he/she is upset about the way the season has played out.
    I totally agree, but isn't this just possibly fiction written by a Sun writer trying to be interesting? It may turn out to be true that several thousand Steeler fans will be at the game, but how could a Sun writer know this several days before the game?

I know Hensley apparently wrote this but it sounds like Preston stole his identity for a day.

My 16 year old's best friend is a Steelers fan. I see this boy 2-3 times a week and would do anything in the world for him, BUT I personally told him (to his face) that he WILL NOT be allowed at my Tailgate Party even though he attends a few a year. He grew up IN BALTIMORE?!?! I told his mother that I blame her.Children need to learn from their parents. She just shakes her head.
    HATE THE STOOLERS and THEIR FANS. NO JOBS AND NO GOOD LOOKING WOMEN IN PISSBURGH. If you sell your ticket to the Stooler fan you ARE a TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO . . . . . Fanatic said titstick
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Ya know there's a couple things in that article that tend to chap my ass a bit.

First there's this segment..

"Some fans are upset about the nine-game losing streak. Some are upset with coach Brian Billick. And some are upset with just about everything linked to the most disappointing season in Ravens history.
    This has led loyal Ravens fans to give up their tickets to their most dreaded rivals, causing a surge in tickets being put up for sale on Internet auction sites."

Loyal??

Nobody likes the way this season has unfolded, but the "Loyal" fans show up and support the team win or lose.

I got no problem if you're strapped for cash, have an emergency, have to work, etc., but being pissed off doesn't qualify you as being loyal.

Quite the contrary IMO.

Then there's this titstick..

"Steelers fans are being allowed to infiltrate M&T Bank Stadium because of disheartened fans such as William Price, a season-ticket holder since the Ravens' inaugural season in 1996.

Price, 45, a program manager from Leesburg, Va., who grew up in the Baltimore area, is trying to get double the face value on two tickets by selling them on StubHub.

"This season has been particularly embarrassing for the franchise," Price said. "It all started with the six turnovers in Cincinnati, and then to lose to Miami ... we haven't been ready to play, and that's the coach's responsibility. I appreciate Brian Billick for winning a Super Bowl, but I don't think he's the guy to get us there again."

Just because you're a season ticket holder since '96 doesn't make you a "Loyal" fan.

This guy IMO is a jackass!!

I've been a season ticket holder since '96, and I'm not happy about what has transpired either.

Baltimore likes to consider itself a great sports town but it's shit like this that IMO doesn't warrant us being considered a good sports town.

How many years did the Redsox go without winning a world series?

How long has it been since the Cubs did it?

Both of those teams' tickets are tough as nails to get, and both are well supported

There are many more examples of this around professional sports.

There is no question in my mind that the players on the Ravens aren't real happy about the way the season has played out.

There are many who have given their all on a weekly basis (Kelly Gregg, Ngata, McGahee, etc.) who deserve far better of an attitude from the fans then this type of selfish bullshit such as this Pryce dude is displaying.

I appreciate what Billick has done over the years as well, and sometimes question whether he should remain.
    There have been numerous play calls and decisions that piss me off.

Just because I'm pissed off doesn't mean I'm going to not go out there and show guys like Troy Smith, Antwann Barnes, etc. that I'm a shity fan and will only show them support during quality seasons.

And I'm certainly not going to give up the opportunity to see what could be Jonathan Ogdens last game.

Some of these so called "Loyal" fans need to get their heads out of their asses and realize that this is the NFL, and shit like this season happens from time to time.

It's part of what makes the NFL so great!!

When the Ravens start showing me that they function like the Orioles, then maybe I'll begin to lose some loyalty, until that time, I'll remain a "Loyal" fan!!
    They should hand this out at the game
    Last edited by braven98; 12-29-2007 at 07:32 AM. Reason: spelling
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

As I write this, I am sitting in the lobby of the Homewood Suites, across from James Joyce. I have counted 8 people walk out of the hotel in some sort of Steeler gear. :(

My best friend since I was 10 is a Shitsburgh fan .... it's his only fault as far as I can tell. I made the mistake of telling him, in the midst of all the pre-season hype about how we will win the division, that I would take him to this game. He knows better than to start shit since he's a cop and the fans in my section are normal and dont start fights.

And I think that number of 5000-10000 is low. Ebay and Stub Hub are flooded with Ravens tix for sale right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyraven127
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOO . . . . . Fanatic said titstick
    Hmmm . . . is this word a turn-on for the ladies, or just naughty in a fun way? I must add it to my vocabulary.

Thanks Fanatic and LR for expanding the scope of my knowledge!

10. Re: 30-40% Steler Fans?

why do people always assume the tickets for sale are going to the opposing teams fans? Dont ravens fans that dont have season tickets buy from ebay and stub hub too? remember all our games are sold out everyear, here is there chance to go to a game on the cheap.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Makes sense to me, '96. Just don't expect The Sun to miss an opportunity to take a shot at the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan1996 View Post
    why do people always assume the tickets for sale are going to the opposing teams fans? Dont ravens fans that dont have season tickets buy from ebay and stub hub too? remember all our games are sold out everyear, here is there chance to go to a game on the cheap.
    I sell on both and mostly Ravens fans buy the tix. But there are times when the person bidding has an address in the city of the team we're playing.

Of course not all those tix go to out of town fans, but having so many on ebay and stub hub makes their opportunity to go to the game that much greater.

I guarantee we will see an abnormal amount of shit rags tomorrow.