Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: 30-40% Steler Fans?

I'm going up to a steelers bar to watch the game. What happens will happen.
    Hope we can muster up some good crowd noise, tho.

Re: 30-40% Steler Fans?

I haven' got my Season Tickets yet (55 on THE LIST) but this is only the secnd game I have been able to see from the comfort of my living room (OIF tends to upset normal viewing patterns), but in the course of events today I had the "opportunity" to run into Redskin and Steeler fans. I was wearing a brand new Ravens T I got for Xmas, and explained that even with the season we suffered with you don't give up on your team. My flag is up, my HDTV warmed up and my favorite adult beverage in my Ravens pint glass. GO RAVENS. For those fans who are braving the weather, strong work.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

I heard em on TV,but only saw a few yellow raincoats.

Good noise by the Purple faithful.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Well I did see alot of Steeler fans sit in my section. Some of the PSL owners that sit a few rows around me did sell there tickets to Steeler fans. I did see alot of scattered empty seats around the stadium as well. I was happy that we won.
    Former Season ticket holder from 1996 to 2016

Wink Re: 30-40% Steler Fans?

I had expected a full scale invasion. I was pleasantly surprised : the number of yellow rags waving appeared to be no greater than the previous few years, and much smaller than used to show up at Memorial Stadium and the first few years at the new stadium. 3,000 or so -- nowhere near 30% to 40%.

What did surprise me was the number of Ravens "fan" no-shows. Particularly the upper deck, looked about 40% full throughout the first half, then smaller after halftime. It was a drizzle, not a monsoon. Temps were nipply, but not brutal. I was a 4:15 game, not 9:00 pm. I was never cold, nor wet.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I had expected a full scale invasion. I was pleasantly surprised : the number of yellow rags waving appeared to be no greater than the previous few years, and much smaller than used to show up at Memorial Stadium and the first few years at the new stadium. 3,000 or so -- nowhere near 30% to 40%.

What did surprise me was the number of Ravens "fan" no-shows. Particularly the upper deck, looked about 40% full throughout the first half, then smaller after halftime. It was a drizzle, not a monsoon. Temps were nipply, but not brutal. I was a 4:15 game, not 9:00 pm. I was never cold, nor wet.
    Agree 100% what you said. I bet they were sorry they didn't go. What a game. My Super Bowl for the year.:hammer:

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

We had a lot of regulars no show, including one couple who are nice but not so die hard, a real die hard who hurt his ankle but his wife showed, her friend didn't, and then a band of loud people in front of us who often leave early and spend half the game buying beer.

As for Yinzers, I've seen more on a normal landscaping crew than were in the stadium today.

WTF...The concession stands outside the staduim were selling Terrible Towels. Actually, All of those guys were selling them.

Whats with this town?
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by WxKevin View Post
    And don't give me that crap about "My friend is a big Steelers fan and...blah...blah...blah...". Real Ravens fans don't have friends who are Steelers fans.
    Oh God I get so tired of this. My brother's a Steelers fan...

I take endless sh*t on this board for having the audacity to say I'm a "huge Ravens fan" but would dare to sell tickets to a Ravens game to a highest bidder on eBay or StubHub. This sort of stuff makes me really upset.

Am I the biggest Ravens fan in the world? No, I'm not. I don't choose my friends and family based on their NFL team loyalties or swallow the loss of hundreds or thousands of dollars a year to ensure my tickets go to other Ravens fans. I'm perfectly fine with not being the biggest Ravens fan out there.

But I'm pretty tired of the gaul of people telling me that I'm not a "true" Ravens fan. Who are you to define what a "true" Ravens fan is, much less pigeon-hole anyone into one of your pre-defined categories.

I like and have a lot of respect for all of the major players and old-schoolers on this board. I've been around this group for probably five or more years through three or four different hosting boards. I really enjoy this board and you guys.

But it's pretty hurtful and disrespectful to make such judgements of people, particularly those you've never met.

- C -

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

LOL, I think somebody missed the sarcasm.

For the record, I tailgate with Kevin and we even had a Stealer fan in our midst, who ate food with us and may have even gotten some liquor. Heck, we were nice enough to even recommend a good dentist for him.

Ticket broker or football fan?

It sounds like the so called steeler fan needs a new president Eddie doesnt know how to do math,what a jackass
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan