Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Re: It is NOT the system!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    great post, very creative....care to have an educated opinion
    what---EVERRRR

Re: It is NOT the system!

Umm, in this thread Raven Nurse, I'm not sure Tspot is the one contributing conspicuously nothing. That would be *you*. :brickwall:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    Houston, your same old blabber bores me
    Get a new comeback. It's one thing to say someone bores you and then have facts. It's quite another to say it and then leave it dangling like the 3 incher in your pants.

4. Re: It is NOT the system!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Get a new comeback. It's one thing to say someone bores you and then have facts. It's quite another to say it and then leave it dangling like the 3 incher in your pants.

Anybody want to explain our red-zone woes? Huge part of the problem right there. Admittedly Jamal is quite possibly the worst short-yardage runner in the history of the NFL, but we have had decent goal-line WRs. The really tall guy who could leap but is worthless between the 20s? Two TDs against the Jets two years ago... dang I forgot his name. Heap and Wilcox are good TEs in the RZ. Boller and McNair both have speed to get out of the pocket.

Our offense plays not to lose. That's the crux of the argument right there.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72
    The really tall guy who could leap but is worthless between the 20s? Two TDs against the Jets two years ago... dang I forgot his name.
    Clarence Moore? LOL, I never thought we'd be talking about him wistfully.

Heap is actually our best red zone receiver, IMO, but unfortunately he basically took this year off. Not that it was his fault, but his absence was a real loss for the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Now take off your purple glasses. How did we fair with Jamal's big year?
    We got all the way to the playoffs with *no* passing game. We had crap for offensive personnel and made it to the playoffs!

Refreshing your recollection. . . The year was 2003. Under center was Kyle Boller, until about half way through the season. Then he was replaced by Anthony freakin' Wright, whose top two wideouts were Travis Taylor and Marcus Robinson, from the 'Where are they now' column. Making it to the playoffs that year was overachieving, Raven Nurse. It was a year to be proud of.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    We got all the way to the playoffs with *no* passing game. We had crap for offensive personnel and made it to the playoffs!

Refreshing your recollection. . . The year was 2003. Under center was Kyle Boller, until about half way through the season. Then he was replaced by Anthony freakin' Wright, whose top two wideouts were Travis Taylor and Marcus Robinson, from the 'Where are they now' column. Making it to the playoffs that year was overachieving, Raven Nurse. It was a year to be proud of.
    That year AW led us to a 17? point comeback against the Seahawks.... which I listened to outside the stadium in P. lot B. ( My party wanted to leave, and I made it out the door before they did, and they stayed after the first score on the comeback trail.... and the bums at the gate wouldn't let me "return"!)

Take the heat off the system all you want, last year showed it's not that bad a system. What is a massive problem though is that our offensive coaches (Billick remaining the only constant just about) are absolutely woeful at making in game and in season adjustments. We are one of if not the worst team in the league at responding to other teams' adjustments in my opinion. Yes we've had injuries this year and that'll hurt anyone, but where have the adjustments been to diminish the impact of those injuries? Answer, there haven't been any, we've just beligerently hammered away with the same old tactics, not responding and adjusting to adversity. It's a avery poor coaching job in my opinion with the lack of adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    Take the heat off the system all you want, last year showed it's not that bad a system. What is a massive problem though is that our offensive coaches (Billick remaining the only constant just about) are absolutely woeful at making in game and in season adjustments. We are one of if not the worst team in the league at responding to other teams' adjustments in my opinion. Yes we've had injuries this year and that'll hurt anyone, but where have the adjustments been to diminish the impact of those injuries? Answer, there haven't been any, we've just beligerently hammered away with the same old tactics, not responding and adjusting to adversity. It's a avery poor coaching job in my opinion with the lack of adjustments.
    I'd say the coach most guilty of not adjusting is Rex Ryan.

He's still coaching like we've got a healthy Rolle/McAlister combo back there.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I'd say the coach most guilty of not adjusting is Rex Ryan.

He's still coaching like we've got a healthy Rolle/McAlister combo back there.

PP
    That's entirely true, should've lumped him in with Billick there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    You my friend, are WRONG:insane:
    Negative, you are WRONG!!!! How often has Billick made a change to the team (sub Boller for McNair) that was obvious to EVERYONE but himself?

Look, maybe (probably) there is more going on than what we see.....Maybe, just maybe, McNair was Bisciotti's/Ozzie's guy? That would explain why they let him play longer than was advised and why Billick has such confidence that he'll be returning.......we can speculate all we want but the simple fact is Bisciotti is the one holding all the cards and he may have given Billick a pass for the year already!

My statement rings true with most fans I meet; that Billick doesn't have a "feel" for the game like other coaches do! Miami at the end and Buffalo at the end stick out in my mind! It seems like he "out-thinks" himself into a hole. Remember this statement from Football 101: Keep doing what works until they stop you!!! If you're averaging 4yds per carry then continue to run the ball until they stop you......Billick cannot grasp that concept IMO......