Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ravens VS Bucs: good news-bad news

Jamal is being kept out for 2 weeks to let his hip flexor soreness heal.
    Two weeks still puts him playable against the Bucs. We still have two preseason games left (@Vikings, @Redskins)

Jamal has not been ruled out for the opener, but even if he does miss it, we have capable replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG
    Two weeks still puts him playable against the Bucs. We still have two preseason games left (@Vikings, @Redskins)
    And then we have a long week before the start of the season (9 days). Unless Musa looks downright dominant the next 2 weeks and Jamal is still in a lot of pain I expect to see Jamal out there.

Blog Entries

d'oh...I knew skipping breakfast did something to me today...sorry guys.

Personally, I think the key to this game is grit and determination, and that's something that ALL of our team has. The defense is fired up to have Ngata and Pryce on the line, Ray in the middle, and Reed in the backfield. The offense is fired up to prove they aren't lackluster and show that McNair is going to drive us to success here.

McNair being here has really installed a new air of confidence in a lot of our guys.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

This is a heavy weight fight,big blows landing,and lets see who is still standing in the 4th quarter.Yep lowscoring smashmouth football,what better way to open the new season.This is going to be a real test from the get go for our O'line.

Hopefully Steve McNair should give us that extra dimension when needed and should give us the edge.

you will see Bruce Gradkowski as the Bucs' starter. This kid has been tearing it up so far and has looked All-Universe.
    Absolutely,this guy looks like he has been in the NFL awhile already.Plus Alstott seems to have renewed life.Lets make Chucky pull some faces.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Blog Entries

yeah...Gradkowski is another guy I pulled for us to draft. Granted, he may not look so seasoned against our D, but he'll definitley give us a run for our money.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I really, really, REALLY wanted Gradkowski. From the fourth round on I was repeating his name right before our pick came up. With accuracy like he has, at the least he will be a great back-up in the league, but I thought he had starter potential. There is something about smart and accurate QBs that Ozzie seems to dislike.

The bad news we are playing in Tampa in front of some wild fans.

The good news I really don't think Simms will be able to handle the rushing defense that can come at you from any angle. The vets are ready to have a successful season. Baring any serious injuries to key starters between now and then I think we win. 28-17

Put the hammer down Ravens :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

The good news is I will be there.

The bad news is I didn't save any money on my car insurance....

Chucky runs a pretty complicated offense. Can't see him turning it over to a rookie unless Simms gets hurt. Look at who he's won with, Gannon and Johnson who are about 90 combined, and he went with Giese last year before he went down.
    That's going to a tough game to win on the road.