Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ravens VS Bucs: good news-bad news

The bad news...we are away and we know how that's been lately. Also, we always seem to start off slow at the beginning of the season.

The good news...Simms will be starting against our restocked defense. That's going to be a nutcracker for all quarterbacks who face us this year. I think we can beat Simms in another of our patented low scoring affairs.

I firmly believe that before the season is very old, you will see Bruce Gradkowski as the Bucs' starter. This kid has been tearing it up so far and has looked All-Universe. His accuracy is incredible. There has only been one quarterback in the history of the NCAA to have consecutive 70% completion ratios. You guessed it; Gradkowski.

Before the draft, that accuracy number really jumped out at me and I was hoping Ozzie noticed. From the third round on, I was praying we'd grab him. Sigh...

We had a good, maybe an outstanding draft, but there are three or four players we drafted where Gradkowski would have been a smarter choice. It sucks being negative, but I just don't see St. Pierre and Olson ever being the answer. If Kyle Boller eventually goes ( I hope not, I'm a hugger) we are going to be right back at page one in a few years...

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens VS Bucs: good news-bad news

Game 3 will be the most accurate showing of the team in pre-season, but remember, this is JUST preseason.

All this will do is show us which on the bubble guys are staying for the Redskins game and which ones will be given their walking papers. Also, we'll see how some position battles shake out.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I would not sell Sims short just yet. Gruden said this about Simms 10 days ago "He took a team to the playoffs last year, he engineered three dramatic come-from-behind victories for us, and he has put together one unbelievable offseason," Bucs head coach Jon Gruden said. "This guy didn't just run around his block and lift weights. He was fanatical in his offseason work. This is really important to him. I just know he'll be one heck of a player as long as I don't screw it up."

Having said that we can still beat them.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

I think it should be a low-scoring affair with 2 strong defenses. Hopefully McNair wins the QB battle with Simms and we can get just enough big plays to win.

Looking forward to seeing Cadillac trying to run on our D!

The other good news is the Gruden is 1-3 in Tampa home openers.

And the bad news is that we have never beaten the Bucs.
    Last edited by BaltimoreRon; 08-21-2006 at 02:21 PM.
    She had me at "Hell, NO!"

But the good news is that we know how to win a big game in "Raven James" stadium.

And don't underestimate Gruden. He doesn't mess around. I expect this to be a hard fought battle, but I don't think it's going to come down to McNair vs. Simms.

I think it comes down to Jamal Vs. Cadillac, MA or Musa Vs. Alstott. This game is going to be won on the ground.

Blog Entries

Jamal won't be playing, so it would be Cadillac vs MA, Alstott vs Musa...

I hope we don't take the game too seriously and try some new things. Work out some trick plays, log some MA at FB, basically just do things we won't want to try in the regular season. Although, if we do win a road game, that could be the needed boost to really get this team flying for the season.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Jamal won't be playing, so it would be Cadillac vs MA, Alstott vs Musa...
    and you are basing this on...?
    [IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/Trev86/Sigs/fierce.jpg[/IMG]
    [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="2"]"PAIN IS ONLY TEMPORARY...NO MATTER HOW LONG IT LASTS"--[I]Ray Lewis[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Blog Entries

http://ravens.scout.com/2/558912.html

"Jamal sidelined for rest of the pre-season"

Scallywag - this is about Ravens vs Bucs - first game regular season. We play the Vikings in pre-season, for which Jamal will be missing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by funkmd
    and you are basing this on...?
    Jamal is being kept out for 2 weeks to let his hip flexor soreness heal.