Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've Hit The Proverbial Wall

I don't know about the rest of RavenNation, but I simply CAN NOT TAKE IT ANY MORE! I can't watch this s--t anymore; it makes me sick! I've been watching football for longer than I can remember, and this is the most pathetic team I've ever followed, and that includes the Colts of the early 80s, with Bullet Bob Irsay at the helm. To think we pay good money to watch this group makes my head spin! Penalties, turnovers, the worst O-line play I've ever witnessed makes me long for the end of the season, now! Next week I have to go and do battle with those Pittsburgh fans who think M&T is their home away from home. Regardless of our teams pathetic performance, I refuse to let them get in my face; thus, I have that to look forward to next week. Playoffs and bowl games can't come soon enough for me! Btw, I'm Excluding the following from this tirade - Derrick Mason (he can play on my team anyday!); Ray Lewis (we see what his presence and leadership means to this team); Willis McGahee (Jamal would not be doing what he is currently doing with the Browns behind this pathetic O-line of ours); Kelly Gregg and Ngata; and, of course, Ed Reed.
    Last edited by ravenjoe; 12-24-2007 at 12:39 PM.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Re: I've Hit The Proverbial Wall

I am glad you got that out of your system. Now it is time to calm down and jump back on the Ravens Love Wagon.

Excellent melt. Thank you and merry Christmas
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Sell me your PSLs if you have them, since you know....you don't like this team anymore.

5. Re: I've Hit The Proverbial Wall

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    I don't know about the rest of RavenNation, but I simply CAN NOT TAKE IT ANY MORE! I can't watch this s--t anymore; it makes me sick! I've been watching football for longer than I can remember, and this is the most pathetic team I've ever followed, and that includes the Colts of the early 80s, with Bullet Bob Irsay at the helm. To think we pay good money to watch this group makes my head spin! Penalties, turnovers, the worst O-line play I've ever witnessed makes me long for the end of the season, now! Next week I have to go and do battle with those Pittsburgh fans who think M&T is their home away from home. Regardless of our teams pathetic performance, I refuse to let them get in my face; thus, I have that to look forward to next week. Playoffs and bowl games can't come soon enough for me! Btw, I'm Excluding the following from this tirade - Derrick Mason (he can play on my team anyday!); Ray Lewis (we see what his presence and leadership means to this team); Willis McGahee (Jamal would not be doing what he is currently doing with the Browns behind this pathetic O-line of ours); Kelly Gregg and Ngata; and, of course, Ed Reed.

Did really expect us to win yesterday? After the injuries in the beginning of the year, I thought we would bad.....Really bad:bag:

I have no intention of selling my PSLs - I am, and have been at every home game, including the Rain soaked embarrassment at the hands of the Dolts. I fully expected us to lose yesterday; but I would like to see some improvement week-to-week. After all, this team is supposedly playing their hearts out out there. At least make it somewhat enjoyable; maybe you can sit and watch this s--t, but it pains me to sit through this embarrassment week-to-week. Btw, the 'skins have been racked with injuries this year. They also have some QB who has not started in 10 years leading them into the playoffs, and (possibly) beyond - they are my 'dark horse' this year! Why have they Not folded like a cheap suit, ala the Ravens?! So, we'll get to watch both the 'skins and the steelers in the playoffs this year; maybe I'll just watch my DVD from the 2000 year, and try and rewind my clock back to the time when the Ravens fielded a respectable team!
    Last edited by ravenjoe; 12-24-2007 at 01:02 PM.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Some people need to understand that you can't win every year.

Injuries have killed this team. Youth and the lack of continuity have killed whatever potential the offense had.

Turnovers (best to worst plus/minus margin in one year) have killed this team.

When McNair all of a sudden didn't have it, that killed this team.

In short, it's been a perfect storm of sh*t that has killed this team in 2007. You accept it, say "well, it's just not our year", and move on.

This team is not far away from the playoffs. Get key guys healthy, plug a few holes, let the OL mature, get a new OC/offense and a decent (not great) QB and we are right back in the mix.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Get key guys healthy, plug a few holes, let the OL mature, get a new OC/offense and a decent (not great) QB and we are right back in the mix.
    Troy Smith will do just fine!

9. Re: I've Hit The Proverbial Wall

Something happened to McNair befor the sucky Colts playoff game last year. He started looking stale and just kept it up when he was playing this seaon.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Btw, the 'skins have been racked with injuries this year. They also have some QB who has not started in 10 years leading them into the playoffs, and (possibly) beyond - they are my 'dark horse' this year!
    It is not the number of injuries this year, it is WHO has been injured. We could fill out half a Probowl roster with our injuries.

Everyone knows, especially me, that injuries are part of the game and not an excuse. I am not using it as an excuse, just as reality. How many other teams would survive with their 2 starting CBs out for most of the season? Not many.

This year is what it is unfortunately.
    Wouldn't be the first time a good team from one year went into the tank the next, and more then most likely won't be the last.

Of higher concern to me is our ability or lack there of to recover and field a better more competitive product next year.

Way too much work to be done here in the off season for me to be able to take a positive outlook at this point for next year.
    If it was just a hole or two it wouldn't be that bad, but we got some real question marks heading into the off-season and too many of them to boot.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Dudes, I continue to travel to games (on a military paycheck, no less!) to see this team, ummm "play" simply because I love them and I know they won't be this bad forever!

How soon we forget how the Mayflower moving trucks took our team from us and we had NOTHING to do each season...Even a down year is preferable to that HELL!