Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ravens vs. Steelers next week

Quote Originally Posted by Drkraven View Post
    This is true--I don't do morning very well, never have.:bag:
    Yeah, this is the best of both worlds... Sleep in, party all 5 hours in Lot b, get home in time to get a full night's rest! ! ! ... What could be better? Who can complain? .... Besides, drinking a Bloody Mary at 7:30 in the AM is just wrong.... Right?

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I don't like it (not that they asked for my opinion), but beyond that, I am baffled as to the reason for making this time change. I really don't get it -- why move this game? The Steelers are obviously in, we are obviously out, so why move it? Just seems strange.
    The reason is for tv ratings (cough, GAMBLING, cough). They want any game with playoff implication to play out at the same time. Steelers are still playing for 3rd or 4th seed. And playoff matchups with the Titans and Browns. Playing the games all at 4 adds to the intrigue of fans (GAMBLERS) and increases tv revenue (IN VEGAS)

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The reason is for tv ratings (cough, GAMBLING, cough). They want any game with playoff implication to play out at the same time. Steelers are still playing for 3rd or 4th seed. And playoff matchups with the Titans and Browns. Playing the games all at 4 adds to the intrigue of fans (GAMBLERS) and increases tv revenue (IN VEGAS)
    The NFL does not care about gamblers in Vegas other than the fact that they are watching on TV or in the stands.

The game was moved because the seeding of the Stealers and Chargers is based on what both do. If the Stealers lose the Chargers would have the 3rd seed locked up and would play differently. But since they are playing at the same time the Chargers will have to play to win.

The NFL has nothing to do with gambling in Vegas. If they mixed themselves up in it the league's credibility would be in question.

I will be up the sametime as always,leaving Elkton around 630
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    That makes no sense.

TV revenue is generated by sponsors, not by gambling. Gambling is a by product of football, not the source of its revenue. :insane: