Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Grade Troy Smith

I wish he was starting against LSU come Jan. 7th lol Redemption!

Troy is a winner.... always has been, always will be. But I don;t think they will start him next week again. YAWNS! :bag:

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Grade Troy Smith

Although Troy is merely a rookie and has had minimal practice with the team, I think he did well. Consider the TD pass: Which of our QBs have shown that kind of accuracy. He put the ball right into the receivers hands.
    Oh please, I can give you a number of times Boller has thrown equally beautiful passes including the gem to Darling for a TD against NE. For the most part I saw a QB running for his life that threw very few good passes. He also tended to hold the ball too long just like Boller, which for our OL is about as long as it takes you to drop back and say "Oh Sh" before you get nailed.

3. Re: Grade Troy Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Oh please, I can give you a number of times Boller has thrown equally beautiful passes including the gem to Darling for a TD against NE. For the most part I saw a QB running for his life that threw very few good passes. He also tended to hold the ball too long just like Boller, which for our OL is about as long as it takes you to drop back and say "Oh Sh" before you get nailed.
    You nailed it Greg

LMAO look up Dan Marino, Elway, or any other rookie quarterback's first game, great job Troy!
    Marino had a 117 rating in his first game and threw for 2 TDs and no picks. Maybe you should hold off on being "surprised by some of the lame statements from "football" fans."

5. Re: Grade Troy Smith

Marino had a 117 rating in his first game and threw for 2 TDs and no picks. Maybe you should hold off on being "surprised by some of the lame statements from "football" fans."
    what is so stellar about 2 TD's? Stick with Kyle have at it, I'll become a lions fan, they lost less in a row than the Ravens.

Billick has a son?

And while I am thinking about it while people are talking about how much pocket presense Troy has, the fumble has been mysteriously forgotten. While we are talking about how much of a winner Troy is over Boller, the offense scored 6 points yesterday, and other than the TD throw never even touched the redzone.

And while I blame the OL and receivers for yesterday, some of you out there would have skewered Boller for the same game.

Its the hypocrisy I can never really figure out from some.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 12-24-2007 at 02:11 PM.

7. Re: Grade Troy Smith

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    B+ This guy exudes confidence; displays pocket presence; has a cannon for an arm; feels pressure in the pocket (which you definitely need playing behind this line); and is a winner! Start him next game, and beyond! You won't be sorry!
    Unlike Boller, Troy hasn't been injured behind our offensive offensive line yet ...Let him get a blown out knee in his first year and we'll see how comfortable he will feel in that pocket
    Last edited by Tspot-D-Ravenator; 12-25-2007 at 02:34 AM.

8. Re: Grade Troy Smith

Quote Originally Posted by danzor123 View Post
    what is so stellar about 2 TD's? Stick with Kyle have at it, I'll become a lions fan, they lost less in a row than the Ravens.
    We don't need fans like you anyway...Go and be well with your new team the Detroit Lions

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    Unlike Boller, Troy hasn't been injured behind our offensive offensive line either ...Let him get a blown out knee in his first year and we'll see how comfortable he will be in the pocket
    Injuries, or not, Troy has the intangibles that makes him a playmaker, and a winner! We do not need to draft a QB in this year's draft; we have more pressing needs! I would start Troy the last game, and let him battle Kyle for next year's start!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

10. Re: Grade Troy Smith

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Injuries, or not, Troy has the intangibles that makes him a playmaker, and a winner! We do not need to draft a QB in this year's draft; we have more pressing needs! I would start Troy the last game, and let him battle Kyle for next year's start!
    I have nothing against Troy...But what about the main intangible....The Offensive line?? We've already had 2 QB's go down this year and I'm just waiting for Troy's turn...Maybe next week we'll have to plug in Cullen Finnerty half way into the game...I was very concerned for Troy yesterday...That O-line has NO stability, NONE!:grbac:

11. Re: Grade Troy Smith

Year CMP ATT YDS CMP% TD INT QB Rating
    Tom Brady 2001 13 23 168 56.5 0 0 79.6
    Donovan Mcnabb 2000 16 28 130 57.1 1 2 51.2
    Peyton Manning 2000 22 32 273 68.8 1 1 92.3
    Michael Vick 2001 12 30 176 40 0 1 46
    B. Roethlisberger 2004 12 22 163 54.5 1 1 82.5

Troy Smith 2007 16 33 199 48.5 1 0 79.6

MOST rookie QB's don't look too good in their first games...even the future HOFer's. Point is...judging Smith on his first game is simply asinine and dumb. WTF were you expecting him to do? Throw 3 TDs?

Injuries, or not, Troy has the intangibles that makes him a playmaker, and a winner!
    BWAH! I can recall (probably from some of these same posters) the very same things said ABOUT Boller when so many were clamoring for him to start ahead of Redman. It is a shame those boards aren't archived somewhere.

MOST rookie QB's don't look too good in their first games...even the future HOFer's. Point is...judging Smith on his first game is simply asinine and dumb. WTF were you expecting him to do? Throw 3 TDs?
    I am not judging him at all, except to say he looks eerily similar to Boller behind our OL and most QBs would. But this guy comes on here insulting other "football fans" and then says Marino didn't have a very good first game when I knew damn well he had.

Then he drops this gem:
    2 TDs, no picks and a 117 rating is stellar.

If he needs bus fare to Detroit I am sure we can scrape it together for him.