Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Grade Troy Smith

clearly he should of had two INT's that were not held on to. I think people would be saying D minus if they had. I am not disappointed in what I saw because our WR's had 5-6 drops that hit them in the #'s. Add that to the fact he was running for his life and.....well...not good....not bad....Next week should be more telling.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Any grade is unfair to Troy Smith, and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt JUST like I give that to Boller. I've seen Boller perform when he gets protection and WRs catch the ball, and I'm sure Troy can do the same if he gets support.

Honestly, this team's offensive woes aren't on Billick, and not on the QB, whatever his name may be.

Our O-line and WRs are inconsistent at blocking and catching. Our RBs couldn't pick up a blitz to save our lives BEFORE Willis McGahee. Willis has been a tough runner but, more importantly, adept at picking up the blitz. We don't have our probowl TE, who might be a bit soft.

And our defense is injured. We're starting our Junior Varisty team, other than Ed Reed.

Suggs and Scott are a dissapointment to me at this point. Overrated. We miss Ray, miss AD, miss Pryce.

This team needs to get healthy, draft well, and gel on the o-line.

Thumbs down Re: Grade Troy Smith

I can't believe some of what I'm reading above. He basically sucked until Seattle relaxed at the end of the game.

"D" until the bomb to Mason raised it to "D+"
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

T, those purple colored glasses some of our friends wear will end up betraying them in the end.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Considering this was his first full game in the NFL, I'd give him a C-...He sucked, but he looked about the same as any QB we've fielded this year, and he's only a rookie! I don't think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I'd give him a few more shots to work out the kinks.

Cool Re: Grade Troy Smith

BULLSHIT!!!

Although Troy is merely a rookie and has had minimal practice with the team, I think he did well. Consider the TD pass: Which of our QBs have shown that kind of accuracy. He put the ball right into the receivers hands.

Playing behind a young, makeshift O-line the kid did great. Remember, this was his first NFL game. I remember Unitas' 1st game - AWFUL!!!!

When this kid learns more about the offense, whats its like in the NFL (as opposed to college), and gets injured players healthy again in front of him, and an improved offensive line, he will look very good in my opinion.

Thats my story and I'm sticking with it. No matter how short he is...

:usa:

Blog Entries

I personally give him a C+.

When you consider he was on the road, had crappy protection, and it was generally "shitty" weather AND its his first NFL start......

Good job Troy! Lets put in a solid game next week and heres to you giving the coach's son a run for his money next preseason!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I personally give him a C+.

When you consider he was on the road, had crappy protection, and it was generally "shitty" weather AND its his first NFL start......

Good job Troy! Lets put in a solid game next week and heres to you giving the coach's son a run for his money next preseason!!
    I'm all for playing him, by the way. I don't think he did anything impressive, but what the hell, why not play him. It's not like Atlanta years ago, playing some goobers while Brett Favre sat on the bench.

I am once again surprised at the suggestion that Boller is 'the coach's son', you'd think after how bad McNair stunk it up, with Boller on the bench, people would see how wrong that claim is. Nevertheless it persists. . .
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Although Troy is merely a rookie and has had minimal practice with the team, I think he did well. Consider the TD pass: Which of our QBs have shown that kind of accuracy. He put the ball right into the receivers hands.
    Exactly right, That TD was a glimmer of hope. Things will get better with time and repetition for troy. Hey, Maybe it wont but it sure is fun seeing him move around and trying. We all know that other positions need to be upgraded next season with some new blood mixed in.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

10. Re: Grade Troy Smith

My grade for Troy? But that is also for any QB that plays behind this Offensive line:grbac:
    In retrospect, Troy deserves a C ;)

11. Re: Grade Troy Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    BULLSHIT!!!

Playing behind a young, makeshift O-line the kid did great. Remember, this was his first NFL game. I remember Unitas' 1st game - AWFUL!!!!

When this kid learns more about the offense, whats its like in the NFL (as opposed to college), and gets injured players healthy again in front of him, and an improved offensive line, he will look very good in my opinion.

Thats my story and I'm sticking with it. No matter how short he is...

:usa:
    Well, I have seen Troy play in the shoe a few times and believe me he can play this game. I totally agree with Jester. Build a team around him and let him play. Trust me, you wont be sorry. Ask Lloyd Carr. I am surprised by some of the lame statements from "football" fans? LMAO look up Dan Marino, Elway, or any other rookie quarterback's first game, great job Troy! Boller had 13 games to show what he has, he fails miserably F- to Kyle.

B+ This guy exudes confidence; displays pocket presence; has a cannon for an arm; feels pressure in the pocket (which you definitely need playing behind this line); and is a winner! Start him next game, and beyond! You won't be sorry!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton