Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Seahawks

Sting, this is one game. Its his first game. Half the team is on the dl, ir or inactive or whatever you call the list. Not to mention he is playing a very competent seattle team that is heading into the playoffs. Last week would have been a nice test for Troy, especially for an entire game.

You can say its boller fault especially when last year Mcnair was able to win with the majority of the team healthy.

I don't expect much out of troy today. He's a fifth round pick, if he works out its all to the good. If he doesn't, no biggie. Sorry, but You just cant say the same for Boller. Too much was invested with too little return. Boller should never look like Troy, ever.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Another fantastic Ravens Turnover! WE ROCK!
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by Dont Know View Post
    No, because the point is the situation you are put in is an automatic failure. McNair, Boller, Smith, doesn't matter, different QBs - same ****.

Manning or Brady couldn't do it either, there is no QB on face of this planet that can succeed in this offense.
    Thank you. If success automaticly came from years of experince then Bledsoe wouldn't have lost his job to Romo last year and Testaverde would be putting up Brady like numbers. Why can't people just realize that this offense sucks. And no QB would have success with this offense.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Nice to see so many players give a crap about today's game. Defence is flat, offence looks its same old shabby self (fumbles, WRs can't catch for shit, blocking is pretty rank) I'm sure I saw the ST unit jogging on that long punt return earlier.

This season may have turned to crap but these fringe guys who are now starting due to injury should be showing more fight than this.

How is Troy supposed to so anything positive when half the Seattle front 7 are hanging on his back before he completes his dropbacks?

C'mon people! You're more sophisticated than this!

We are outmanned in a big way.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Fair enough.....but Troy doesn't have 5 years of NFL football under his belt! I don't expect much from Smith in this game but I would expect Boller to play better than what we've seen from Troy Smith. Does that make sense? Kyle Boller should be playing better with what he's been given this year......

And if were giving warnings now, I sure hope sting gets one for his retort......
    Don't worry about my warning. :) I'll take it every time when someone attacks me like that. I would have answered very different without it.

As to your point, it really doesn't matter. The point is that you just put another QB out there behind that offense, and you get the same results. Kyle Boller didn't play 5 years, and his time here has been under the exact same offensive situation. So exactly how is Boller, Smith, McNair, etc, supposed to progress or get better when on a consistent basis the OL can't block for them, and receivers continue to either not get open or drop the ball when they do.

I have been trying to reinforce the point that the problem isn't the Quarterback, and hasn't been for years. The problem is the system and the pieces around the QB.

You can't succeed in this offense. No one can. And 5 years of this offense won't help Smith progress any further than Boller.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Sting, this is one game. Its his first game. Half the team is on the dl, ir or inactive or whatever you call the list. Not to mention he is playing a very competent seattle team that is heading into the playoffs. Last week would have been a nice test for Troy, especially for an entire game.
    And we were without Heap, Mcalister, Rolle, Williams, and such as well.

You pretend that every has been healthy all year.

You can say its boller fault especially when last year Mcnair was able to win with the majority of the team healthy.
    And look what it got his this year. And where did 13-3 get us BTW?

I don't expect much out of troy today. He's a fifth round pick, if he works out its all to the good. If he doesn't, no biggie. Sorry, but You just cant say the same for Boller. Too much was invested with too little return. Boller should never look like Troy, ever.
    You keep pretending that Boller was the problem. I'm looking at a 27-0 score wondering how a Heisman Trophy winning QB who supposedly has much more poise and presense than Boller can't get the ball even into the redzone.

But you keep blaming Kyle Boller. That's all you Crazy. I'm watching reality unfold on the screen.

700 career receptions for Mason, congrats to him.

I'm looking at a 27-0 score wondering how a Heisman Trophy winning QB who supposedly has much more poise and presense than Boller can't get the ball even into the redzone.
    ha, the guy was named the starter in the middle of the week. This is the first time all year he had all the snaps the entire season and your wondering why he not doing well. I at least gave Boller 2 years before I blasted him. Geez.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

I at least gave Boller 2 years before I blasted him. Geez.
    Who is blasting him? If anything it's the offensive system that is being blasted, but maybe you can provide a quote to prove your point.

ha, the guy was named the starter in the middle of the week. This is the first time all year he had all the snaps the entire season and your wondering why he not doing well. I at least gave Boller 2 years before I blasted him. Geez.
    I think TS is showing some skills. Fast on his feet. Hard to bring down. Confidence. I look forward to seeing him progress.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Don't worry about my warning. :) I'll take it every time when someone attacks me like that. I would have answered very different without it.

As to your point, it really doesn't matter. The point is that you just put another QB out there behind that offense, and you get the same results. Kyle Boller didn't play 5 years, and his time here has been under the exact same offensive situation. So exactly how is Boller, Smith, McNair, etc, supposed to progress or get better when on a consistent basis the OL can't block for them, and receivers continue to either not get open or drop the ball when they do.

I have been trying to reinforce the point that the problem isn't the Quarterback, and hasn't been for years. The problem is the system and the pieces around the QB.

You can't succeed in this offense. No one can. And 5 years of this offense won't help Smith progress any further than Boller.
    OK....when you put it like that, that makes sense. You're statement rubbed me the wrong way and I overreacted to it.....

Can I give you an e-hug? :)