Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Seahawks

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    I at least gave Boller 2 years before I blasted him. Geez.
    Who is blasting him? If anything it's the offensive system that is being blasted, but maybe you can provide a quote to prove your point.

ha, the guy was named the starter in the middle of the week. This is the first time all year he had all the snaps the entire season and your wondering why he not doing well. I at least gave Boller 2 years before I blasted him. Geez.
    I think TS is showing some skills. Fast on his feet. Hard to bring down. Confidence. I look forward to seeing him progress.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Don't worry about my warning. I'll take it every time when someone attacks me like that. I would have answered very different without it.

As to your point, it really doesn't matter. The point is that you just put another QB out there behind that offense, and you get the same results. Kyle Boller didn't play 5 years, and his time here has been under the exact same offensive situation. So exactly how is Boller, Smith, McNair, etc, supposed to progress or get better when on a consistent basis the OL can't block for them, and receivers continue to either not get open or drop the ball when they do.

I have been trying to reinforce the point that the problem isn't the Quarterback, and hasn't been for years. The problem is the system and the pieces around the QB.

You can't succeed in this offense. No one can. And 5 years of this offense won't help Smith progress any further than Boller.
    OK....when you put it like that, that makes sense. You're statement rubbed me the wrong way and I overreacted to it.....

Can I give you an e-hug?

I'm watching a 27-0 game and wondering why the Ravens keep punting from the opponent's 45 yard line on 4th-3 and 4th-5?

Why not just punt on first down?

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

ha, the guy was named the starter in the middle of the week. This is the first time all year he had all the snaps the entire season and your wondering why he not doing well. I at least gave Boller 2 years before I blasted him. Geez.
    You are always good for chuckles Crazy. I have to thank you for that.

I do wish you had the ability to read posts though. I don't think I've been blasting Troy at all today. But I think you know that and are just trying to create trouble, which I know you too well to let happen.

Like I said, you live in that fantasy world, I'll be over here in reality where we just had to punt again, and unless Yamon breaks a big onewe might actually get shut out today.

Troy has done OK today, but obviously need to see more of him in different circumstances and conditions. Dunno whether he's too excited, struggling with a wet ball or simply isn't accurate, but he's had an awful lot of low passes today. He's had more than his share of drops today, yes, but he's also been putting too many down on the toes of the receivers. Gotta get those passes up, but then by that same token, we've gotta give him a chance to prove that maybe it's just a one off.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    OK....when you put it like that, that makes sense. You're statement rubbed me the wrong way and I overreacted to it.....

Can I give you an e-hug?
    Well, we are men. How about an e-fist pound?

Ivy is a fucking retard. Get his ass on the bench now.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

You can spin this all you want, but under all of that pressure and running around Smith isn't very good, AAMOF he sucks. Boller actually was to the point of putting up average QB numbers in this situation. Frankly, the guy might be one heck of a QB with some time and a real downfield threat.

And that isn't a shot at Smith, fact is the conditions are almost impossible.

Alexander has done shit all year but against us he looks like his old MVP self.
    Well without Ray we have lost our best tackler and without Rolle and McAlister there is a lot of help being dropped back. The safeties are not up in the box because of our CB issues and thus they can run the ball.

Dontknow, after every play Sting would compare troy to boller. Maybe you don't considering comparing a 5 year vet to a first game starter "blasting" but i do. someone else got into a scuffle with him because of it
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray...
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

12 man on the field, man we look like a JV team.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Well without Ray we have lost our best tackler and without Rolle and McAlister there is a lot of help being dropped back. The safeties are not up in the box because of our CB issues and thus they can run the ball.
    Yep, has opened up the opportunities for a lot more double team blocks for the Seahawks' interior on Gregg and Ngata than I've seen in other games this year. That and we're pretty flat, it's hardly surprising is it?

This game would have been so different if we were +Todd Heap, +Samari Rolle, +Chris McAlister, +Demetrius Williams, etc. etc.

What a lost season.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Ivy is a fucking retard. Get his ass on the bench now.
    Ivy has as much business playing cornerback as I do. That should give you some perspective. This is a fucking turkey shoot, and it has been from the beginning.

Oh and by the way, anyone seen Big Mouth Bart Scott today? Anyone?

All fucking mouth and no play this year.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Oh and by the way, anyone seen Big Mouth Bart Scott today? Anyone?
    I think he made one tackle today.