Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Not sleepy in Seattle

It's pouring down rain out here. 37 degrees at 9 am. Forecast is rain all day, high mid-40s. Just peachy!

There was a reason why we chose to come to Seattle on Christmas Eve. I just can't recall why we would have done something so stupid!:insane:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Not sleepy in Seattle

Raining in Seattle? Sheesh, talk about a bad break, since that hardly ever happens in Seattle, right?

But Seattle is a great city, so try to enjoy it in spite of the crummy weather. Make the best of it -- "You're not in Cleveland, your'e in Seattle!"

Certainly not comfortable for a fans perspective, but I got to assume some where over the course of Troy Smiths' college carreer playing in Ohio he had to play in the rain at some point.

Hopefully he's a mudder.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

T...my brother has season tix for the Seahwaks....went to a game a couple years ago. The stadium is really nice. Once I saw us going to Seattle this year I was going for sure...except it was too close to XMAS. Enjoy the game and stop by Pike Place Market if you have the time.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513
    Enjoy the game and stop by Pike Place Market if you have the time.
    Pike Place Market --

I went to Seattle in the early 90s and I remember great coffee, great brewpubs, and Pike Place Market.

For us who only go to one away game a year, I guess San Francisco was the right decision. We contemplated Seattle.

How can a guy be as great in college as Troy Smith, but not translate to the NFL. I just don't get it. If you look at his highlight videos on YouTube, it makes him look unstopable.

I just don't think we've ever had a QB that was this decorated in college and truly is a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfan_11 View Post
    How can a guy be as great in college as Troy Smith, but not translate to the NFL. I just don't get it. If you look at his highlight videos on YouTube, it makes him look unstopable.
    Because in college he wasn't playing for Brian Billick in this offensive system with this offensive line.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    It's pouring down rain out here. 37 degrees at 9 am. Forecast is rain all day, high mid-40s. Just peachy!

There was a reason why we chose to come to Seattle on Christmas Eve. I just can't recall why we would have done something so stupid!:insane:
    T put your rain coat on don't catch a cold for Christmas

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Tons of QBs who look great in college bomb in the NFL.

I don't understand how Buerlein is impressed, maybe he isn't making a lot of stupid decisions but the guy is inaccurate.

And he isn't having any more luck than Boller with our OL.

Smith shoul'dve thrown two picks; and there was the botched handoff to Laron McClain.
    That being said, I think he still looked much more composed and fluid in the game than Boller has.

Great leadership, very confident, players want him to start.....SIX POINTS!