Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Bungles fans blaming the refs

It was Bart Scott and the holder was 63, he mauled him. I saw the replay on the NFL channel and while they focused on the PI I watched the line. And as noted, that was the last of several non-holds called.

Refs missed a lot of holds on our D-line and special teams. Ed Reed was held twice on punts that would have been blocked.

That made up for the refs not calling Henry for running out of bounds BEFORE he caught the 71 yard pass, or for them not calling him for OB after he caught it.
    I am glad you posted this. From my vantage point in the endzone, it definitely looked like Henry ran OB about 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. But I did not see a replay. As such, he cannot be the first player to touch the ball.

As to be OB on the catch, I thought the replay at best was inconclusive and as such should not have justifed an overturn of the ruling on the field.

Blog Entries

Hahaha, I have some Redskin fans at work trying to gloat that we "stole" a win, and snuck out of losing.

Washington won by 3 points and inches to the right! We won by playing a damn good game...the WHOLE game.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Hahaha, I have some Redskin fans at work trying to gloat
    Yeah, I had to stop reading right there. Little Danny is damn lucky that Leon was thinking about his celebration and dropped the TD pass.

Was that PI on Prude-- maybe. From where I was sitting, it looked that way.
    Reed's was bogus....as for Henry being OB-- way too close to call....The game was called evenly for both sides...that's the best you can ask for (right Mike Carey?).....

As for the holding penalties-- there wasn't a single holding penalty called the entire game. Apparently the ref's decided to let them play on both sides. Scott was held, so was Price..however, the Ravens did their fair share of holding as well...it was that kind of game.

BTW, speaking of that last play, I've heard (although I haven't watched the replay to confirm it) that there was a pretty blantant hold by Bengals linemen on Bart Scott that wasn't called by the officials.

This is very true. Scott was pretty much twisted the other way and would have either gotten to Palmer or disrupted his pass had he not been held.

I also find it interesting that the Sun writers mentioned how many of McNair's potential INTs were dropped by the Bengals defenders, but they didn't mention how McAlister dropped one of Palmer's errant passes, and how a couple of other ones could have easily been intercepted as well.

The bottom line is the Ravens outplayed the Bengals. They outgained them by nearly 100 yards. They controlled the clock. They were the more physical team. If the Ravens had been more efficient in the red zone, the Bengals would have been KOed by the start of the fourth quarter.

-- Dev Panchwagh

Not overturning Henry's catch was incredible. He was certainly out-of-bounds when running down the sidelines, before positioning himself before the catch. I wonder if the NFL had a camera down the sideline, or if perhaps Billick did not specify in his challenge that Henry had stepped out of bounds and re-entered. i.e. if Billick's challenge was that Henry caught the ball out of bounds. If not part of the challenge, the refs cannot take it into account.

I have some Redskin fans at work trying to gloat that we "stole" a win, and snuck out of losing.
    It must really be sad to be a Redskins fan. Three seasons into the Joey Gibbs miraculous return to glory, and they are staring up at the butts of three mediocre NFC East teams with nothing to be optimistic about. Except for maybe a 4th season of the Joey Gibbs renaissance!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by sopranocorleone View Post
    [I]

The bottom line is the Ravens outplayed the Bengals. They outgained them by nearly 100 yards. They controlled the clock. They were the more physical team. If the Ravens had been more efficient in the red zone, the Bengals would have been KOed by the start of the fourth quarter.

-- Dev Panchwagh
    Nice first post and welcome!!

As stated above, we outgained them by nearly 100yds, and their offense included their longest play of the season at 71 yds, which is questionable since he should not have been able to touch the ball first after coming back in bounds.

Thumbs up Re: Bungles fans blaming the refs

Quote Originally Posted by sopranocorleone View Post

-- Dev Panchwagh
    Welcome back Don Corleone, errr .... Dev! It's been a few years, I believe.

Hopefully, you'll decide to stick around - this board is better than any of the previous versions.

:T2:
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN View Post
    That last call was shitty, it was definitely a penalty on Prude. Who knows they might have been able to pull out a score, they seemed to be moving on us pretty well in the second half. Oh well, that's how it goes and they'll get us in their crib so they can get another shot.
    BULLSHORTS!!!! when I got home from the game, I watched 2 other games, the same non call was not made at least a dozen times!!!! It WAS NOT A PENALTY!!! Did you watch the replay? you are allowed to hit a receiver at the SAME time as the ball arrives!:insane:

Yes, I did watch the replay ~ why is that always the first question asked when not agreeing with someone's take? Bad officiating occurs in every game it doesn't make it right. As I understand the rule you cannot be draped on the receiver prior to the ball's arrival and Prude was draped on the receiver like a cheap suit. BTW, just because you don't agree doesn't necessarily make me crazy, okay...