Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Bungles fans blaming the refs

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    I am glad you posted this. From my vantage point in the endzone, it definitely looked like Henry ran OB about 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. But I did not see a replay. As such, he cannot be the first player to touch the ball.

As to be OB on the catch, I thought the replay at best was inconclusive and as such should not have justifed an overturn of the ruling on the field.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why is it not ok for henry to run out of bounds before comming back in and catch the ball but it is ok for CMac to run out of bounds, catch up to him and be the first one to tackle him? I'm just curious.

Re: Bungles fans blaming the refs

Rules of football.

No player can run out of bounds and be the first to touch a live ball.

Think of the crazy routes you can run if you didn't have that rule.

Now if a defender runs out of bounds and a receiver catches it, the ball is back in play.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Re: Bungles fans blaming the refs

On the TV it showed Henry 'nearly' touching the sideline with the ball in hand. The side judge was looking all the way, and the TV conclusion was that it was not out-of-bounds. It did not show any action prior to the catch - if that is to what you are speaking.

The Prude PI looked like perfect timing at full speed.

The Begals 'looked like' a good time team - before kick-off

They sounded like the Bungles after it! :bag:

Thumbs down Re: Bungles fans blaming the refs

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    On the TV it showed Henry 'nearly' touching the sideline with the ball in hand. The side judge was looking all the way, and the TV conclusion was that it was not out-of-bounds. It did not show any action prior to the catch
    Agree. I came hope after the game and immediately watched the game "tape" (is that what it's called on DVR?). It did not show what I saw at the stadium: Henry started down the sideline with a couple steps that looked out of bounds. The replay on CBS only picked up Henry as he was far down the field.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).