Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cory Ivy

Cory Ivy

Is really bad. This guy is obviously overmatched in every aspect of the game. I realize that we are thin in the secondary but it this the best we can trot out there?:grbac:

The guy is just not very good.
    HottBirdz...

2. Re: Cory Ivy

My thoughts on Ivy are .......

He is not even close to NFL status probably not even college any more. He needs to be dropped ASAP and we need to pick up a good CB in the draft. I have watched him get burnt in the back feild at least 10 times in the last 2 games. You can not turn a Zebra into a horse and they can not turn Ivy into a decent CB point blank he is a MUST GO!:grbac:

Re: Cory Ivy

He's a good special teams guy and a decent nickel back, people. Nobody ever said he was a starting cornerback who could reliably be put on an island.

We're just f*cked all around this year with injuries.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Corey Ivy is an excellent cornerback . . . for me to poop on.
    Smarter than most Sports Columnists
    Smarter than every Bengals fan
    Craps poop better looking than any Browns fan
    Less inbred than any Steelers fan

I do not know who Greg's Dog is, but I like this new character already.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

i was telling a friend yesterday, during the game, that corey ivy should have been cut immediately after the patriots game. the way he blew up at the sideline and the way he's played all year should have made him extremely expendable. perhaps had ivy been sent packing after his disrespectful outburst billick could have reclaimed some respect from the other players.
    O's, Stroh's and Nappy Ho's

I am the smartest of all dogs and smarter than most football fans in regard to evaluating the NFL.

I have been mentioned on radio and on several websites in regard to my vast knowledge and my kindness to the Steelers fan who cleans up my poop in the yard.
    Smarter than most Sports Columnists
    Smarter than every Bengals fan
    Craps poop better looking than any Browns fan
    Less inbred than any Steelers fan

It should be painfully obvious to anyone watching the past few games that outside of the starting four, we have ZERO depth at secondary.

We have zero depth at many positions. That's why we lose when we have injuries. Again, the fault of Ozzie and the front office. We need a new GM, period.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    We have zero depth at many positions. That's why we lose when we have injuries. Again, the fault of Ozzie and the front office. We need a new GM, period.
    great now we are firing Ozzie as well. corey ivy is a nickle back which means he mostly is covering the number 3-slot receiver. Yesterday because of injuries to our #1 and #2 CB's, Ivy was forced to step into the #1 position and yes, it looked like their receivers were dragging him around on a 10 yard chain all game. But fire Ozzie???

You find me a GM in the NFL that has a nickleback that can jump into a game and be effective covering any teams #1 receiver consistently. Corey Ivy had an all-world game against the P*atriots because he was playing his position and does as well as #3 CB in the NFL. Corey Ivy plays with more heart than 98% of the team.

Fire Ozzie. Puuhhhleeeeze someone hand out the Xanax

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard
    He's a good special teams guy and a decent nickel back, people. Nobody ever said he was a starting cornerback who could reliably be put on an island.
    Agreed -- Ivy is okay in the role he's supposed to be playing, but not in this one. With both CMac and Rolle out, we don't have much choice.

And with respect to not having a lot of depth, you can say that about almost every team in the league. The salary cap keeps you from having a lot of quality depth. Like camdenyard said, injuries this season have totally screwed us.

So yeah, Ivy does suck as a starting CB, but that isn't what he's supposed to be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    And with respect to not having a lot of depth, you can say that about almost every team in the league. The salary cap keeps you from having a lot of quality depth. Like camdenyard said, injuries this season have totally screwed us.
    Good teams can rebound from injuries. Look at all the injuries on the Colts this year and they're sitting at 12-2.