Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OT / Mitchell Report in the hands of Selig

Just read in the NY Daily News ....

The report will contain "60-80 current, former and retired players" who have used or are using 'roids.

Pretty sad.

Re: OT / Mitchell Report in the hands of Selig

The sad part is thats probably the tip of the iceberg in baseball, let alone football, basketball, hockey, MLS, MMA , Boxing, track....

I know a lot of you will disagree with me on this. Level the playing field and legalise steroids. To me it's just as silly as marijauna being illegal when alchohol is legal.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBone View Post
    I know a lot of you will disagree with me on this. Level the playing field and legalise steroids. To me it's just as silly as marijauna being illegal when alchohol is legal.
    Problem there is for every major leaguer there are a couple hundred kids who would be ruining their health trying to get to the level to play prosports. When they dont make it, their bodys will be left a mess.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Boh
    Problem there is for every major leaguer there are a couple hundred kids who would be ruining their health trying to get to the level to play prosports.
    Exactly -- if you heard the testimony of the parents who had seen their kids die as an apparent result of steroid use, you might have a different take. I'm referring to the Congressional hearings of course, which tended to focus on the MLB guys like McGuire and Raffy, but the testimony of the parents of these kids was much more moving and meaningful to me than McGuire's lame "I'm not here to talk about the past" and Raffy's blantant lies.

I don't think we know enough about steroids yet to hand them out like tootsie rolls.

While I understand your point, I will disagree. I am a parent and I believe it is my responsibility to keep my son from using steroids the same way it is my responsibility it is to keep him from using illegal drugs.

Dude, your way off base. Mary Jane, yes....roids hell NO!!They are bad in every way possible. Ask Lyle Alzado...ooohhhhh wait he is dead!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

yeah, I disagree with that as it is completley ludicrous.

Pot and other drugs are depresants for the most part. Steroids are stimulants. Steroids give you a physical advantage, the other drugs dont.

In a world where you're judged on your physical performance, steroids have no place. A lot of the names on the list are hot heads and have had behavior issues in the past.

By the way, I noticed that Brain Roberts and Miguel Tejada made the list ....

Two thoughts here. Maybe Tejada did indeed give Palmiero a bad needle.

And does this mean Brian Roberts is actually 5'4" without the 'roids? :D

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    By the way, I noticed that Brain Roberts and Miguel Tejada made the list ....

They only said Clemens and Pettitte are big names so far...
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513 View Post

They only said Clemens and Pettitte are big names so far...
    Oops ... it WAS on WNBC's web site but it got pulled. Check out Drudge Report for details.

Here is an article listing Roberts and Tejada ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3153129