1. Ray Lewis's Broken Hand??

During the game they 1st stated that he had a cut on his hand and was going to get stiched up and return then 10 mins later they say he broke his left hand.

I have not seen any press coverage on this yet? Anyone have any updates?

2. Re: Ray Lewis's Broken Hand??

Ok now I am really confused NFL.com is saying
    "The Ravens also lost middle linebacker Ray Lewis, who dislocated a finger on his left hand in the third quarter and didn't return."

Did someone step on his hand? How was it bleeding and dislocated? :(

Re: Ray Lewis's Broken Hand??

They are not mutually exclusive injuries. Ray didnt play in an area of the world where modern physics didnt apply. What are you getting at?

If any NFL player stepped on my hand I'd feel pretty fortunate only walking away with a dislocation and a little blood.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

He was definintely bleeding, beyond that who knows, if it is more than just a cut we need to shut him down for the year as well.

By the way, if you doubt Ray's importance to this team just track what happened after he left. The defense fell apart. With Rolle, McAlister and Pryce in there we can lose Ray, but he kept the defense reasonable without those guys. Huge drop off when he went out. He is worth 2-3 other good players.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    He was definintely bleeding, beyond that who knows, if it is more than just a cut we need to shut him down for the year as well.

By the way, if you doubt Ray's importance to this team just track what happened after he left. The defense fell apart. With Rolle, McAlister and Pryce in there we can lose Ray, but he kept the defense reasonable without those guys. Huge drop off when he went out. He is worth 2-3 other good players.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    By the way, if you doubt Ray's importance to this team just track what happened after he left. The defense fell apart.
    Very true -- I don't know if it was only Ray's absence, maybe it was because the defense was getting tired (they were on the field a lot in the second half), but it is undeniable that the D gave up a ton of yards after he left the game. Probably not a coincidence.

The people who keep saying he's lost a step or two are apparently not watching the games.

Ron Burnett was reporting a compound fracture--if thats the case thats surgery and out, if it was a dislocated finger who knows.

Billick said in his press conference today it's a dislocated finger, and he is optimistic he will play this weekend but they'll know better on Wednesday..

...but if he can't play, he has confidence Troy Smith can step right in.

I wonder if he got his stories mixed up

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Very true -- I don't know if it was only Ray's absence, maybe it was because the defense was getting tired (they were on the field a lot in the second half), but it is undeniable that the D gave up a ton of yards after he left the game. Probably not a coincidence.

The people who keep saying he's lost a step or two are apparently not watching the games.
    Filmstudy has well documented that the defense does not do well when he's not in.

Excellent post Highwater, a little reasonable thought in a brutal week on this board.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post

I hate it when people say Ray has gotten old and isn't as good anymore. They clearly dont watch Raven football. Tied for 5th most tackles this season. Yeah he's lost a step.

The carroll county times reports that Ray Lewis' dislocated finger on his left hand shouldn't prevent him from playing Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks, although he'll likely require a splint to do so.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

11. Re: Ray Lewis's Broken Hand??

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Filmstudy has well documented that the defense does not do well when he's not in.

Excellent post Highwater, a little reasonable thought in a brutal week on this board.
    I don't agree with Preston much but I think he hit it on the nail in his column today. Lewis is basically an on the field coach. The front seven depends on him for alignment. Without him in there they are lost :(

Yeah, and I dont see crApravens anywhere, saying is usual nonsense of "Ray dogs it when the season is bad".

Maybe he finally faced facts.