Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gameday ritual.

Re: Gameday ritual.

TD,

If you like the song maybe you should make a quick stop at Ft. McHenry. It is practically right around the corner from the stadium.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

If I had more time,and was by myself or with the wife.I'd probably checkout the American Civil War sites.As I have just read up on it.

I don't know if I was an American in a former life,if there is such a thing.
    But I have always had something inside me pulling me towards your great country.Even when I was a 5 year old kid,and I got got on a bus with my Mum.After 10 minutes drive around London,I asked my Mum if we were in America yet?

Why I said this I don't know,because I had no TV to watch in those days.And no real brains knocking around in my head either.But that has stuck with me 35 years later.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

I think Camden's reference is a Colonial war one - that's the one after the Independence war. The Colonial war was the one where we (Brits) burned Washington to the ground - but could not get passed American guns into Baltimore's harbour.

History buffs will advise?

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Yeah I knew what Camden was on about.I was adding I would also like to checkout Gettysburg and other Civil War sites.I am more interested in that than the War of Independence.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

That was an interesting war. Britain was distracted by this Frog named Bonaparte. (thankfully, from our point of view) and it made the odds more even.

The Brits kicked ass in Washington (too bad someone doesn't burn it down again now, and with all the politicians present.) The yanks got over-ambitious and tried to invade Canada, where they had their butts soundly rebuffed.

The boys from Blighty had their comeuppance though, in Chesapeake Harbor, and even more so, in New Orleans. (another prime location for 'Urban Renewal')

Bottom line: a draw. GB again demonstrated military skill, but americans announced they would no longer tolerate power plays in the western hemisphere, or having their sailors forcibly "recruited".
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Gettysburg is just a 20 minute ride up the road from Westminster (training camp) and Antietam, site of the bloodiest battle of the Civil War, is west about an hour.

If you have the time you can do Fort McHenry, the fort Francis Scott Key was watching get bombarded when he wrote the words, in about 2-3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenTD
    The A10 Thunderbolt is one of my fav planes,it looks like it takes no prisoners,
    its not to be messed with.
    The tank that flies. The Warthog!
    Last edited by 52RAYVENS; 09-15-2006 at 08:45 PM.
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

The A10 Thunderbolt is one of my fav planes,it looks like it takes no prisoners,
    its not to be messed with.The Raven logo just makes it look sweeter.The flyover will be cool,especially when the jets vibrate your ribcage.

I've heard the Star Spangled Banner probably 10,000 times more than our own national anthem.And it still stirs my heart strings. Thanks to that poem from Baltimore.

Ours isn't to shabby though.

God save our gracious Queen,
    Long live our noble Queen,
    God save The Queen.
    Send her victorious,
    Happy and glorious,
    Long to reign over us:
    God save The Queen.

O Lord our God, arise,
    Scatter our enemies,
    And make them fall;
    Confound their politics,
    Frustrate their knavish tricks;
    On thee our hopes we fix:
    God save us all.

Thy choicest gifts in store
    On her be pleased to pour,
    Long may she reign.
    May she defend our laws,
    And ever give us cause
    To sing with heart and voice,
    God save The Queen.

Not in this land alone,
    But be God's mercies known,
    From shore to shore!
    Lord make the nations see,
    That men should brothers be,
    And form one family,
    The wide world over.

From every latent foe,
    From the assassins blow,
    God save the Queen!
    O'er her thine arm extend,
    For Britain's sake defend,
    Our mother, prince, and friend,
    God save the Queen!

Greg,we are well over that ass kicking.I even threw my Redcoat away in the trash last week.
    I'm pretty meh on our anthem unless it's being belted out by about 70,000 rugby fans at Twickenham, then it kicks ass and gets you fired up, that's how national anthems should be 'sung'.

If I had more time,and was by myself or with the wife.I'd probably checkout the American Civil War sites.As I have just read up on it.

I don't know if I was an American in a former life,if there is such a thing.
    But I have always had something inside me pulling me towards your great country.Even when I was a 5 year old kid,and I got got on a bus with my Mum.After 10 minutes drive around London,I asked my Mum if we were in America yet?

Why I said this I don't know,because I had no TV to watch in those days.And no real brains knocking around in my head either.But that has stuck with me 35 years later.
    Being partial to History I'd go along with that too, given more time I'd love to explore the historical attractions in MD.

Blog Entries

If you like history, go to the 'Block'. That's historical. And so are some of the strippers!
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by 24x7 Admin
    If you like history, go to the 'Block'. That's historical. And so are some of the strippers!
    I knew i missed something when i was there!!!:p